What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

Vic Mackey

Referee
You just need to have a team that gels together don't need a thousand stars. Cronulla were in the same posistion 3 years ago came last only won 5 games they made top 4 and the grand final in the 2 following years with basically the same team bar the likes of Ben Barba. They still had the likes of Gallen, Graham, Lewis when they came last. Guys like Townsend had been rejects at other clubs but he has learnt to do a job. This is what we need of Brooks just do a job doesn't need to overplay his had. Give your big outside backs early ball the likes of Fonua, Milne, Suli, Noufaluma on paper are no better the Letelli, feki, Capewell. They have a game plan that suits them.

I believe Cleary is doing a good job but just needs 1st graders to follow his plan we are attacking the ruck now last 2 weeks and have improved our attack it's not predictable as much. Next year with better players and an off season we will improve may not make top 4 but could push for the 8.

Parra have won 6 from last 8 games and we got within 1 point with a team full of reserve graders.

Very good post and agree with it all. Next year we might not have the stars but we'll have the most competition for positions we've probably ever had.

For instance in the forwards it's likely that 3 or 4 of Twal, Eisenhuth, Aloiai, MCK, Grant, Felisse, Marsters (will likely go back to second row) and even Sue will be playing nsw cup.

We will be thinking of who misses out of the 17 as opposed to the last few years where guys like Lovett, Edwards, Buchanan etc have been in the 17 simply because there was no one else.

gordsy

Juniors
I want to know where the points are coming from. It's not like Brooks has been setting the world on fire and Reynolds is going even worse from what I've seen. Plus our defence leaks too many points for us to win by play a grinding style of footy like the Sharks,

Tiger Ted

Bench
I want to know where the points are coming from. It's not like Brooks has been setting the world on fire and Reynolds is going even worse from what I've seen. Plus our defence leaks too many points for us to win by play a grinding style of footy like the Sharks,
Also Shit kicking game & many doubts about the spine !

Clifferd

Coach
I don't get why Brooks has so much trouble with his short kicking game. Imo that'd be the easiest to get sorted.

He's got a very good long kicking game which you'd imagine would be the hardest to master

I don't get why Brooks has so much trouble with his short kicking game. Imo that'd be the easiest to get sorted.

He's got a very good long kicking game which you'd imagine would be the hardest to master

I don't know, I always fared better kicking long than short. You've got more margin for error in your long kicking as well, kicking short at the line you've got to be pretty much spot on with accuracy and power on the ball or you cook it.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Shit short kicking game. Long game is OK.

Our short kicking game for fifth tackle options is a serious concern of mine next year.
I don't understand y we don't hire Andrew Johns to mentor Brooks.

Brooks is at the crossroads re his career.Its make or break for him in '18.Hes incredibly fortunate that we re-signed him coz its inconceivable that he would've been guaranteed an NRL gig at any other club in '18.His run out of excuses after an underwhelming 4 yrs in the top grade & Cleary can't afford to be generous when it comes to selecting players who dont deliver especially those in key positions like Brooks.

Shredder

Juniors
Honestly TT he already has near 100 games under his belt.

Personally I would have thought he would have the basic skills of his position by now......

Clifferd

Coach
I don't know, I always fared better kicking long than short. You've got more margin for error in your long kicking as well, kicking short at the line you've got to be pretty much spot on with accuracy and power on the ball or you cook it.

Yeh fair enough, long kicking you can just boot the shit out of it and hope for the best. Can't really for short kicking game

My main reasoning was finding the sidelines/ 40/20s etc which Brooks is pretty good at on occasion. That to me is a better skill to have than just stabbing a little grubber 10m out trying to force a drop out

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeh fair enough, long kicking you can just boot the shit out of it and hope for the best. Can't really for short kicking game

My main reasoning was finding the sidelines/ 40/20s etc which Brooks is pretty good at on occasion. That to me is a better skill to have than just stabbing a little grubber 10m out trying to force a drop out
I really don't think that after zero improvement after 4 yrs of ineptitude that Brooks can be taught the fine art of precision kicking.Id luv to know how much additional practice our halves have been instructed to do re kicking over the last 4 yrs.I guarantee that these precious overpaid wankas wouldn't have spent a fraction of the time that Cronk or Thurston spend doing the extras in order to optimise there kicking games.

Btw y did this brain dead imbecile who is left footed position himself on the left to kick that botched field goal attempt vs parra !!

I don't know Ted, Brooks has shown enough in the past that he can be a very good half, and can run a side. We often talk about having another half whom will chime in and help Brooks concentrate on running the side but interestingly enough his best footy was played with a complete non starter as his halves partner in Waste Anasta.

Yeah I would think trying to lob the ball between the 20 metre line and goal line from your own half with only a winger to beat is easier than trying to thread a grubber through 13 bodies on the line. Just me though, I wasn't a halfback's arsehole haha.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah I would think trying to lob the ball between the 20 metre line and goal line from your own half with only a winger to beat is easier than trying to thread a grubber through 13 bodies on the line. Just me though, I wasn't a halfback's arsehole haha.

I played hooker most of my career. I tried to grubber it once. Went the blind, dribbled it in, went straight to the opposition center who picked it up, ran 100m and scored. I got hooked immediately and never kicked the ball again.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't know Ted, Brooks has shown enough in the past that he can be a very good half, and can run a side. We often talk about having another half whom will chime in and help Brooks concentrate on running the side but interestingly enough his best footy was played with a complete non starter as his halves partner in Waste Anasta.

Was it Anasta or was it Potter? I think moreso the former. There's no doubt Taylor reigned in his natural attacking game.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I see Woods is 'scared' that not playing finals will cost him a world cup spot. Once again blaming his team mates when instead he should be looking at his own shitty Origin and club form if he misses out.

Canterbury better honor their contract with him!

Latest posts