What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

Tiger05

First Grade
LOL how did this big gimp win Dally M prop of the year?!

There were several better props running around this year like Vaughn, Taupau etc.

That amazes me. I just got onto Reddit to check the general consensus.

"In what f**king universe is Woods the best Prop, am I that f**king out of touch or is this merkin the most useless f**ker going around...

Absolute Joke."

"THIS IS ACTUALLY f**kED TELL ME HOW WOODS GOT PROP OF THE YEAR. IM TAKING ATLEAST 10+ props over him this year"

"Woods is f**ken useless lol makes no sense at all"

"Aaron Woods was the best forward this year? Look I rag on the bloke because he sucks but if you genuinely think he was the best prop this year I don't know what to say. That's just flat out embarrassing."

Some people rate the guy but I have no idea who those people are. I suppose I rate him as a decent first grade prop but SOO, Australian rep and Dally M prop of the year is laughable. I honestly am so glad he has left the club.

macnaz

Staff member
The dalyM highlight was the beetroot faced shitstain Slothfield almost fall arse over head on stage .. ohh he hasnt even had a drink he then slurred out ....
I grew up wanting to be Chippy Frinlingos...
yep your mentor has excelled and u are now equally as big a f**kwit as your deceased idol.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Probably because he is a good bloke, funny chap, says hello to everyone....doesn't matter about footballing ability anymore

stryker

First Grade
The only people who rate this sack of turds are some tigers fans. Everyone else laughs at his embarrasing look, low intelligence and lazy football.
For some reason the media push his barrow...really weird.

Tigerm

First Grade
The only people who rate this sack of turds are some tigers fans. Everyone else laughs at his embarrasing look, low intelligence and lazy football.

Tiger fans are not Australian & NSW SOO selectors, so others probably with a bit more footy experience than us, rate him as well.
It's fine to not like the man, I'm not a fan of his, but I would have kept him here (and they did try), he is a good footballer.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger fans are not Australian & NSW SOO selectors, so others probably with a bit more footy experience than us, rate him as well.
It's fine to not like the man, I'm not a fan of his, but I would have kept him here (and they did try), he is a good footballer.

Did you read the comments that were on Reddit. Most fans from most clubs (I think including ours) don't rate Woods highly at all.

Like I said he is pretty good for an NRL forward but for a rep forward he is ordinary.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Woods is a meter eater with a good offload and is also very good defensively, which I believe often goes unnoticed. He is the modern day front rower where the shoulder charge is out of the game along with all the other rough stuff. I can see how some may rate him highly, statistically he is up there with the best in the comp.

What stats don't show is who makes the hard yards when stuck on your line or who pulls off a big hit and inspires their teammates. I have never seen Woods do either and as a front rower captaining the team I would have expected this. Stats also do not show who gets a quick play the ball, by the time Woods has walked his last 3 metres with people hanging on his back (Which helps his stats), he gets totally dominated in the play ball resulting in either time being taking time away from the halves or the next plodder hitting the ball up getting smashed.

Mal may pick Woods for the world cup but I expect either RCG or Vaughn to take his blue jersey next year and Woods rep career to be pretty much over with his status returning to where should have stayed, as a decent club front rower and not an elite player on top dollar.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I don't agree with the sentiment around Woods. People like to see a hard nut forward smashing the opposition, getting up in their faces, taking powerful hit ups with no concern for their bodies etc. All these things are great, and you need more than one prop like this in your 17. But you also need a workhorse. Nothing fancy, nothing special, just someone who has the motor to go 80 minutes if were needed and keep the momentum going. If they have a good offload then this makes them even more valuable. This is what Woods excels at. Yes he doesn't make the greatest hit ups, he rarely puts a good shot on someone etc but he has the stats he has because he has a better motor than majority of props in the game.

He looked bad in Origin because the game was on the line and he just kept doing his job. I don't blame him for that

stryker

First Grade
I don't agree with the sentiment around Woods. People like to see a hard nut forward smashing the opposition, getting up in their faces, taking powerful hit ups with no concern for their bodies etc. All these things are great, and you need more than one prop like this in your 17. But you also need a workhorse. Nothing fancy, nothing special, just someone who has the motor to go 80 minutes if were needed and keep the momentum going. If they have a good offload then this makes them even more valuable. This is what Woods excels at. Yes he doesn't make the greatest hit ups, he rarely puts a good shot on someone etc but he has the stats he has because he has a better motor than majority of props in the game.

He looked bad in Origin because the game was on the line and he just kept doing his job. I don't blame him for that
Rubbish. He regularly plays 50 to 60 minutes. His off loads are hit or miss, a lot of the time hitting the ground and he is a lazy defender. He looked bad in origin because our forward pack and halves attacked him. Big pussy with inflated stats only.

The media are up his arse because he's an easy get for info. There's a reason they always push the players barrow over a club, because the players will close up shop if the media shit on them and then they've f**ked their sources of info.

Das Hassler

Bench
So ..Woods being borderline iliterate with a anti corporate / urban pigfarmer style...what possible reason would Mal have to pick him over the rest of the props available ?....only possibilities seem to be
1 - Mal is stupid
2 - He's not his own man
3 - His premierships...SOO and Kangaroos captaincies and coaching successes have still left him lacking in objective player assessment
What other possibility for wasting a Kangaroo spot on him?

Being a media darling has zip sway with Meninga

Tiger05

First Grade
I have no idea why Mal picks him for his squad. I have no idea why he made the SOO team. I assume because he is a quality NRL level prop.

Personally I wouldn't pick him for rep teams because I don't think he is at that level.

Mal can pick who he likes. I don't think it'll make much difference as the whole Australian team is really strong.

stryker

First Grade
So the consensus is that the Urban Outdoors man's ability will decline by going to Belmore?.
No probably not. What we are saying is that Belmore thinks they bought a diamond. He is more like a lump of coal. Plays with no passion as footy is "just a job" to him. BTW...he stated that whilst holding the WT captaincy...good luck Dean Pay.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Lol .. how the f**k did he get an Australian jersey... he was useless

He certainly looked the odd one out last night in the Aussie pack. For mine he is too slow and just labours around. Klemmer was the best forward on the park and that’s saying something.