What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson "Yous got your way"

Iafeta

Referee
He has to a large degree. For example, I follow him on twitter. His last post there is from 2016.

WellsNZ

Juniors
From people like us who follow the team, yes. But social media shit comes from lots of
Fair weather fans that probably don't know any other players.

Even the very best athletes in the world are ridiculed by clowns on social media. Have to be bigger than getting dragged down by that.

LeBron has been the best player in his sport for a decade, is literally one of the very best ever, and he cops it from idiots on social media constantly.

These NRL guys get it pretty easy in this regard compared to athletes overseas. There's f**kwits on social media, the modern day athlete has to be able to cope with that or not be on there.

WellsNZ

Juniors
That's not particularly fair. Firstly, most sportspeople do. Secondly, the blimmin leader of the free world uses it ad nauseam. Thirdly, most of the Warriors over the past 2-3 years have massively cut back their social media interaction.

Yeah there's definitely a noticeable cut back, though that might just be because there's no Lousi or Hurrell now haha.

spear tackle

Juniors
I just think that when the team sucks, most of the blame is directed at Shaun. Even when it isn't his fault. It ain't his faults the props don't make meters
Exactly, you cant really get a decent gauge on how many of the players are preforming if the front row cannot match the opposition, I wonder if our wingers deciding or being told to move in to work as an extra front rower made a few off them in there clock off a bit?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I just think that when the team sucks, most of the blame is directed at Shaun. Even when it isn't his fault. It ain't his faults the props don't make meters

Actually it is in a way. Could be like Bulldogs circa 12 to 14 and save on halves behind big metre eating forwards. There were jokes that their halves were Graham and Kasiano. Or is Johnson only limited in quality of not being a real $1m star like Hodkinson, Reynolds and Moses; you giving him an excuse to only dig in when his forwards are on top. Even when theyre even if they're behind there's a few times someone will make a decent hit up or good field position opens up.

Its more difficult to play well behind a beaten pack, not impossible. If he needs the dominant pack like those Dogs halves did, why not buy some gun forwards and a cheaper half to complement or pay Johnson what he's worth as a half who needs a dominant forward pack to organise a victory?

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Put simply, when you're the highest paid player in a club, it is better to overplay your hand like Thurston and Gallen often do than go missing.

To err is human, but err on the dirty jersey side.

If you believe in SJ's talent, which I do, then the results will follow his runs, dominant or even at times beaten pack.

Nothing takes the wind out of a pack like an opposition scoreboard ticking over.

Last edited:

Latest posts