What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHEFFIELD SHIELD 2013/2014 Thread

A bit disappointing today. But those late wickets were nice.

If we win we host the final.

SA are behind by 300 odd runs in the first innings , they're shot.

caylo

Bench
Lockyno1 If nsw and qld win outright, I'm sure NSW still are #1. Only SA can take over and they are next to no chance of that. What would the NSW team be if all their squad is available (I think they will be)
Warner, Carter, Smith, Clarke, Watson, Henriques, Haddin, SOK, Hazlewood, Lyon, Bollinger?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lockyno1 If nsw and qld win outright, I'm sure NSW still are #1. Only SA can take over and they are next to no chance of that. What would the NSW team be if all their squad is available (I think they will be)
Warner, Carter, Smith, Clarke, Watson, Henriques, Haddin, SOK, Hazlewood, Lyon, Bollinger?

Yes if both teams win outright NSW host it. If NSW don't, qld are number 1 on the basis of more OUTRIGHT wins.

All the squad won't be available- the T20 blokes are on their way to the World Cup, they are not available. Clarke and Smith are available.

Maddinson
Carters
Smith
Clarke
Rohrer
Patterson/Abbott (depends whether NSW host of not, extra bat if they do imo)
Nevill
O'Keefe
Hazelwood
Lyon
Bollinger

If Clarke plays I don't think they'll play 6 batsmen in the final.

I know the top of the table wins if it's a draw but Clarke is an attacking captain & his presence strengthens the batting line up. Also a draw is only likely if weather intervenes , shield cricket doesn't generally last 4 days let alone 5.

My guess is Clarke comes in for Rohrer. ( maybe Maddison though with Rohrer moving up to opening)

I'd also consider bringing in Copeland for Abbott. I'm puzzled as to why Abbott bats so high in shield cricket , he's never done anything. Averages 13.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Rohrer is the captain, there is no way you are dropping the captain, not a chance on earth of that happening! I would go in with the extra bat in the final if NSW host it. QLD's strength is their bowling especially up front.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Playing SOK is like playing an extra batsman anyway and it gives them 2 spinning options.

Rohrer is the captain, there is no way you are dropping the captain, not a chance on earth of that happening! I would go in with the extra bat in the final if NSW host it. QLD's strength is their bowling especially up front.

He's not the captain with Steve Smith in the team. He'd also be third in line if Clarke plays.

That said it may also be Nic Maddinson who gets dropped , Rohrer would then move up to open.

NSW face the same problem as Australia without an all rounder. There's no seam bowling in the batting line up.

If you play a sixth batsmen one of okeefe or Lyon would have to miss out.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the pitch is obviously flattening out and we got a day and a half to get 213

if we dont make it we dont deserve to be there

Latest posts