What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield - NSW v VIC

yappy

Bench
New South Wales squad Phillip Hughes, Shane Watson, Phil Jaques, Michael Clarke, Usman Khawaja, Brad Haddin (wk), Steven Smith, Nathan Hauritz, Stuart Clark (capt), Mark Cameron, Trent Copeland, Mitchell Starc.

Starc should probably be 12th man, but I bet they go with Jaques.

You'd think Copeland would be 12th man from that squad.

Victoria are close to full strength as well.

Hill
Quiney
Finch
Hussey
White
McDonald
Wade
Hastings
McKay
Siddle
D.Pattinson/Holland

Red Bear

Referee
Injured still, not good with the Ashes around the corner.

Starc shoul be 12th man, Copeland is a much better bowler, but i suspect it'll be Copeland

yappy

Bench
I rate Copeland well above Starc. But seeing as Starc made the Australia A side and Copeland didn't you could be right.

We'll probably play Jaques at 3 which will push Ussie back to 5 when he should be 4. I feel sorry for O'Keefe. He is potentially the best spinner in the country.

Still should be a cracker if we get some sunshine.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thank goodness. Too many good players are going to miss out on the game as it is. Better to let them get their injuries right.
I thought Dougie was good to go, if he doesn't play this game the first test squad will be named before he has a run. And that means sh*ttle will get a free pass into the first test :(

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
damn good Blues team if O'Keefe can get a run with Australia A but not the Blues, personally I'd rather O'Keefe than Hauri although the fact that he is a leftie may go against him

Red Bear

Referee
Yeah, dont mind Katich so much but Dougie seems to be having his place questioned (despite 40 odd wickets at 23) and would really love to see that he was fit so we could avoid Siddle.

aussies1st

Staff member
Unlucky for Copeland, really doesn't deserve to be dropped but we got no choice with two Aus A bowlers in the side and Clark being captain. Personally Clark should retire himself to give Copeland a go.

Last edited:

yappy

Bench
Won't happen, but wouldn't argue against it. Imagine the trouble picking a side if Kat, Rug and Hazelwood were all fit.

beads6

First Grade
I thought Dougie was good to go, if he doesn't play this game the first test squad will be named before he has a run. And that means sh*ttle will get a free pass into the first test :(

you just gotta hope that Harris bowls well against Tassie so if Dougie is no good we get him in the side instead of Siddle.... Siddle is pathetic and shuld not be in the team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone hear that Mong Hilditch on Fox Sports???? Our lead up to the Ashes has been as good as he has seen and there are no problems with the team :crazy: What a spastic, i bet sh*ttle is straight back in the team :roll:

beads6

First Grade
'
Anyone hear that Mong Hilditch on Fox Sports???? Our lead up to the Ashes has been as good as he has seen and there are no problems with the team :crazy: What a spastic, i bet sh*ttle is straight back in the team :roll:

the bloke is a moron, he needs to get out of the system ASAP. How does a noob like him get the job in the first place??

Panther_Daz

Staff member
VIC's batting first. Copeland 12th Man despite having a much better First Class record than Starc.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
VIC's batting first. Copeland 12th Man despite having a much better First Class record than Starc.

probably more to do with balance, without the rug there is no left armers

I would probably have done the same thing