What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: NSW vs South Australia at Adelaide Oval

NSW 3/300 after 80 overs

Maddinson century on debut (after 50 on debut in limited over game)
Our next test batsmen, Khawaja, is currently 132 not out

Maddinson is still only 18. Looks like we have found the next awesome New South Welshmen batsmen :)

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
Another gun NSW youngster, Jaques will want to make some runs soon else Hughes and Maddinson could be the opening combo.

aussies1st

Staff member
He was bowling well, was getting some inswing and by the sounds of it he bowled leg cutters to get the ball going the other way. Copeland was getting some inswing as well, pretty good ball to get Bogras.

beads6

First Grade
He was bowling well, was getting some inswing and by the sounds of it he bowled leg cutters to get the ball going the other way. Copeland was getting some inswing as well, pretty good ball to get Bogras.

Am I the only one who thinks Henriques needs to just focus on bowling and bat lower in the order??

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Henriques 4, O'Keefe 3 and Copeland 3

Redbacks forced to follow on about 280 behind

0-69 second innings

NSW this is where the real cricket is at.

This should be the year the NSW youngsters step up.

Henriques must be bowling well.. I think he is much more a bowler than batsmen.

He was always a better batter than a bowler even as a youngster in grade cricket.

aussies1st

Staff member
I didn't see much wrong in his batting technique. It has always been his temperament.
O'Keefe is coming along nicely, I would have him over Hauritz any day of the week.

Red Bear

Referee
Redbacks 7 down. two for Copeland, 4 for O'Keefe and one for Clark i think.

In the bag I would say

7/176 we should have this wrapped up by lunch.

I didn't see much wrong in his batting technique. It has always been his temperament.
O'Keefe is coming along nicely, I would have him over Hauritz any day of the week.

7 wickets for the match and he can bat aswell he is a much better option and he is only young.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
all over, Bluebags win outright by an innings

Khawaja got a wicket, never seen him bowl, anyone know what he bowls ?

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Cricket Aus says he's a right medium also good to see the Blues actually play well. Hopefully they can continue this all season.

aussies1st

Staff member
Wikipedia says he is off spin. Maddinson is SLA pretty sure he bowled a bit in the lower grades.

Gidley Up

Juniors
South Australia's bowling attack is pathetic. Daniel Christian opening the bowling in the second innings says it all.