What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield Round 10

hineyrulz

Post Whore
12 months ago Feldman was a copper in Charters towers, amazing what can happen in 12 months. Smith 72 no again, how good is this kid????

beads6

First Grade
The Bulls batting is a disgrace!! I can't see them getting up in this match TBH. It would take some quality battign from the tail IMO.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Agreed, no better time to blood
him. North is averaging 14 for WA FFS!!

Mmm, and Qld thought there was no better time to blood Boyce. :roll: Smith will be like Cameron White I reckon. He's mainly a batsman and to cement the No. 6 spot, he won't be able to spend as much time on his bowling.

aqua_duck

Coach
I disagree, there's no reason why Smith can't continue to improve his bowling, he's already taken big strides since working with Warne and Terry Jenner, its a bonus that he's also a superb batsman, and you can't compare a guy who hadn't played 1st class cricket before to a guy average over 75 with the bat at Sheiffield Shield this season. Difference between Smith and White is White was pretty much an up down, dead straight bowler, Smith has better mechanics, he still bowls a few bad ball but he also bowls some very good ones, he's abit like Jason Krejza IMO, except he's about 10 times better with the bat

aussies1st

Staff member
Smith was 7 runs short of once again beating North's total runs for WA since returning from test duties!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not so sure, Smith actually turns a ball for a start

I watched plenty of him

he's a good turner, got about 4 balls that he bowls, including a good wrongun

he has improved his flight alot since working with Warnie, as he was too Cameron Whitish before and he bowled too flat

he bowls the googly and a nice top spinner

now that he flights them he gets more spin and doesn't seem to drop short as much which was a big fault of his

beads6

First Grade
Smith is 20 I don't think we will see him bowling as good as he can until he is 25. The kid is going to be big though.. I can see him being a very good test batsmen first and foremost and if his bowling does become good than that is great for Australia.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mmm, and Qld thought there was no better time to blood Boyce. :roll: Smith will be like Cameron White I reckon. He's mainly a batsman and to cement the No. 6 spot, he won't be able to spend as much time on his bowling.
As others have mentioned he is a averaging over 70 for the summer with 4 tons. His bowling is a bonus. He couldn't do any worse than North.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I'm not rating Smith's batting until I see him on an ordinary pitch. All the pitches he has played on lately have been autobarns. Peter Nevill got a hundred FFS. An ordinary batsman with an ordinary name.