What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield Season 2016/17

Eelectrica

Referee
Poor old Joe Burns. Might struggle to hold onto his QLD spot the way he's going.
Renshaw might come into consideration though, especially if Bancroft can't get anything going in his second innings.

Handscombe in surely.
Still got more holes to fill. LOL

tomdl

Bench
People on facebook calling for Doolan to be picked again. Smh. He's averaged about 25 the past 3yrs.

TheFrog

Coach
Sporting declaration by the Vics today. NSW with some hope given the batting they have, but it'll take some doing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Because he's not good enough. His FC average of 29 says it all. Front foot slogger.
I actually figured out why. He's playing in the Chairmans 11 or whatever they call it against South Africa for their warm up day night match.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I actually figured out why. He's playing in the Chairmans 11 or whatever they call it against South Africa for their warm up day night match.
Ummm yeah thats what it is, nothing to do with the fact he ca'n't get a gig because of his terrible fc record.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Name is starting to get into the frame after this game and if Andrew Ramsey is believed he could be in the squad tonight.
I reckon he would offer plenty more then a plodder like Mennie, how's he bat though?? That's all that really matters.

TIGER14

Bench
Patterson out for 1 this morning.
Looks like the pitch has turned to absolute shit. There are cracks everywhere.

Eelectrica

Referee
I reckon he would offer plenty more then a plodder like Mennie, how's he bat though?? That's all that really matters.
Today's selectors in a meeting with Glenn McGrath, if McGrath was playing today:
Selectors: So Glenn, you know why we've called you in here?
GM: Is it about a pay rise? I took 15 for 53 all up in the last test match.
Selectors: We're dropping you from the team.
GM: Oh hey, was just kidding about that pay rise. So why am I here really
Selectors: There's some things we'd like you to work on for your game. Batting for a start, you made 2 runs for the match.
GM: Umm.... Burns got just 1
Selectors: Also we'd like you to work on your bowling, we like to see the ball move really, really fast, at an average speed of 140K/h, you were down on that at 129K/h this game.
GM: But 7 wickets in the first innings, 8 in the second...
Selectors: Work on your batting and make the ball go faster, that's what we want to see.
Selectors: That about wraps it up, so just the one change for the next game then, Mennie in for that McGrath kid?

TIGER14

Bench
Today's selectors in a meeting with Glenn McGrath, if McGrath was playing today:
Selectors: So Glenn, you know why we've called you in here?
GM: Is it about a pay rise? I took 15 for 53 all up in the last test match.
Selectors: We're dropping you from the team.
GM: Oh hey, was just kidding about that pay rise. So why am I here really
Selectors: There's some things we'd like you to work on for your game. Batting for a start, you made 2 runs for the match.
GM: Umm.... Burns got just 1
Selectors: Also we'd like you to work on your bowling, we like to see the ball move really, really fast, at an average speed of 140K/h, you were down on that at 129K/h this game.
GM: But 7 wickets in the first innings, 8 in the second...
Selectors: Work on your batting and make the ball go faster, that's what we want to see.
Selectors: That about wraps it up, so just the one change for the next game then, Mennie in for that McGrath kid?

That's disturbingly accurate

T-Boon

Coach
Patterson get 71 this morning in Tasmania. Shame he couldn't turn it into a big one.
Neville is 70 not and Henriques is also in the 70s.
NSW 3-270 odd.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I would have had Patterson in for Madinson, he is just so consistent

Bazal

Post Whore
Batting 5 as well off like 230 balls. Some of us were saying he should bat there in the Test side.

He's not a number 7. He can bat with the tail well enough but he lacks the explosiveness you need in a 7 to really make the bad balls count. Your last recognised bat really needs to be the kind of player who looks to score more aggressively. Nevill is more a strike rotator and accumulator. He's much more suited to the middle order

Latest posts