What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield Season 2016/17

aussies1st

Staff member
I still don't understand the reasoning behind Faulkner being blacklisted from the test side after his debut. 6 wickets on debut and hasn't been seen since. Good century today and with a batting average similar to M Marsh and a bowling average of 24 (well and truly worthy of being picked as a 3rd seamer), I don't understand why he hasn't been mentioned even for number 8? With our batting collapses lately having him in the side batting in the tail could be quite handy. Definitely worth a mention for the India tour as that is where he has played his best cricket. On top of that, he has saved our ass in one day cricket on several occasions

Partly his off field issues I suspect and of course the love for Mitch Marsh. But back to even pegging now if they are looking for an all rounder again.

Bazal

Post Whore
I still don't understand the reasoning behind Faulkner being blacklisted from the test side after his debut. 6 wickets on debut and hasn't been seen since. Good century today and with a batting average similar to M Marsh and a bowling average of 24 (well and truly worthy of being picked as a 3rd seamer), I don't understand why he hasn't been mentioned even for number 8? With our batting collapses lately having him in the side batting in the tail could be quite handy. Definitely worth a mention for the India tour as that is where he has played his best cricket. On top of that, he has saved our ass in one day cricket on several occasions

I've always been a proponent of Faulkner in the test side. Not many seem to agree though. He's a very good cricketer.

jargan83

Coach

Because Mitch Marsh has huge levers.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think they have him pencilled in as an ODI player but yeh, his off field incidents wont help

maiden shield ton yesterday

I've always been a proponent of Faulkner in the test side. Not many seem to agree though. He's a very good cricketer.

He bats and bowls. And has the necessary amount of agro and psycho. We wasted three years with MM.

1 test...45 runs (23 and 22) and 6 wickets (Ave 16.33, 4/51 and 2). Not bad in a drawn 5th test. Couldn't believe they didn't persevere with him. And gifted Bailey 5 tests in the following series.

And he's only a year older than MM.

Faulkner's batting average is half a run worse and his bowling average is 20 runs better. And he has ticker unlike MM, who might not melt in your hand, but seems piss weak to me.

Anyway.

tomdl

Bench
Maddinson looking pretty good. Was hoping Patterson scored runs again and put some pressure on his test spot but he was caught at slip first ball...

Qld have won the toss against WA and elected to bat. Hopefully Renshaw scores some run and puts any talk of Darsh playing in Brisbane to rest.

Eelectrica

Referee
Joe Burns really doesn't want to play test cricket again does he?
out for 14. Only used 12 balls though to get that 14, so the nine commentary team will be lobbying for his re-selection.
See how many Renshaw ends up with.

tomdl

Bench
out for 14. Only used 12 balls though to get that 14, so the nine commentary team will be lobbying for his re-selection.
Are you watching the live stream or listening to the radio stream? Live stream isn't working for me.

Eelectrica

Referee
Ah ok. No worries.

The live stream button seems to have disappeared from the website so I guess it isn't working at all
I just decided to give live radio streaming a go and it is working.
I'm streaming using the Firefox browser. IE/Edge just doesn't work for me at all with the cricket.com.au website.

Bazal

Post Whore
Are you watching the live stream or listening to the radio stream? Live stream isn't working for me.

According to the app there is no live stream for the QLD game, just the radio. Not sure why though.

Burns' confidence is shot I reckon. Played ok in Sri Lanka (despite illness, too), certainly hung around longer than most....got dropped. Gets a hundred against three fifths of the Aussie attack (allowing for Starc not being 100% fit), is overlooked for Marsh. Then brought back for Hobart, the entire team has a stinker including him, dropped again.

Bazal

Post Whore
Shame, the bits I was able to watch he looked really good. Composed and mture, probably deserved a hundred

Latest posts