What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: VIC vs NSW

We had 30mm of rain in the city yesterday and showers forecast for today. The MCG is the best draining ground in the country so they should get underway on time today.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Victoria squad
AJ Finch, JW Hastings, MW Hill, JM Holland, DJ Hussey*, N Jewell, AB McDonald, LR Mash, DJ Pattinson, CJL Rogers, WD Sheridan, MS Wade†, DG Wright

New South Wales team
T Copeland, PJ Forrest, JR Hazlewood, MC Henriques, PJ Hughes, PA Jaques, SM Katich*, DLR Smith†, SPD Smith, MA Starc, DA Warner

dont think I've seen Warner n the 4 day team for a while now

VIC won the toss and have sent NSW in to bat.

Over the last couple of years the first day has always been the hardest to bat and its gets easier the longer the game goes. That's without taking into account all the rain in the last 24hrs and the humid conditions.

DEC Bushrangers: Nick Jewell, Chris Rogers, Lloyd Mash, David Hussey (c), Andrew McDonald, Aaron Finch, Matthew Wade (wk), John Hastings, Damien Wright, Jon Holland, Darren Pattinson, Michael Hill (12th)

RTA SpeedBlitz Blues: Phil Jaques, Phil Hughes, Simon Katich (c), Peter Forrest, Steven Smith, Dominic Thornely, Daniel Smith (wk), Stephen O'Keefe, Mitchell Starc, Trent Copeland, Josh Hazlewood, David Warner (12th)

Disappointed with Hill being 12th man, I'd love to see him given an extended run at #3 instead of Mash who's just a list clogger.

yappy

Bench
No Moises! I don't wish him any ill, but gee he needs to go and make some big contributions for Saints before he gets another shot. Hopefully Starc will regain some form.

beads6

First Grade
That would be the dog turd flavoured icing on a crap season

LOL it would be poor Blues looks like the cream is all gone for you blokes. I am sure you guys will unearth another young gun. Myabe just open with Warner that could be fun.

Red Bear

Referee
Wasnt his back it was his foot, gone for scans.

Forrest going about business ok, doesnt sound easy out there.

Something needs to change in the NSW set up, the batsmen have to be more accountable for poor performance after poor performance.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well not much can be done really. Can't drop Katich, Jaques is hitting some form, Hughes probably has more brownie points and Smith has been good this season.