What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheilas NRL 2018

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
New job opportunities for a couple of the Warriors forwards ? :p

Seriously though, Greenberg doesn't have the money to be able to support a youth competition or reserve grade, but can do this. Why ? Great publicity for him isn't it, biggest used car salesman I have ever seen, slimes his way out of everything somehow and the media lap him up as a champion

No surprise at all that the sanctions around the managers involved in the Parra cap rort have taken a hit, a couple of them have info that would throw Greenberg under the bus from his time with the Dogs

6 teams, so 6 rounds and top 4 or 2 final series? So 8 rounds total? 13-14 if they play each other twice.
I'm for it, woman's World cup final was good.
AFL has one so can't be left behind.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
What's the issue lads? Come out Oz, out of your cave and into the 21st century...

The AFL have a women's comp that had a huge first year. They actually had to turn fans away from the opening game of the season. The Big Bash cricket has a women's comp that is televised and grabbing a significant enough viewership. The Rugby World Cup gained interest.

It's 6 weeks to compliment the finals series. I like it. Maybe my perspective has changed given I have two young girls now but women deserve these opportunities. No one expects them to earn the same or to fly business class (now that whole palaver involving the Black Ferns was a nonsense) but give them a comp, it doesn't have to make shitloads of money but in the shortened format it can work.

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah, I think it is an interesting development.
Sad to see the under 20's go though.
(About the only thing the Warriors were good at.)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The main difference between what the NRL is doing compared to the other sports mentioned, is that they are in a position financially to be able to comfortably support this running at a loss

Due to mismanagement of funds, the NRL is not but Greenberg wants his legacy

spear tackle

Juniors
The few woman's game I have seen, some of those players could show our guys a thing or two about taking on the line and hit ups.
Who knows if it'll be successful long term, only time will tell.

Big Marn

Juniors
maybe a tongan representative womans team in the comp instead?. only way to get bums on seats at Mt Smart it seems.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’m looking forward to it, really enjoyed the women’s games. Looks like the Warriors are tipped to be one of the six clubs to get a side too.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Would our ladies team be selected from all over the country or will it just be Aucklanders?

If its from all over then we'd have a stacked side and should be in the final. Im assuming Australian sides will have their Jillaroos split into the different teams. This should favour us if we field a "New Zealand" Warriorettes side. In the long run, a comp like this will strengthen the Jillaroos to a new level.

Big Marn

Juniors
Would our ladies team be selected from all over the country or will it just be Aucklanders?

If its from all over then we'd have a stacked side and should be in the final. Im assuming Australian sides will have their Jillaroos split into the different teams. This should favour us if we field a "New Zealand" Warriorettes side. In the long run, a comp like this will strengthen the Jillaroos to a new level.

They should be called the Xenas. only seems right...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Warriors confirmed as a foundation franchise

What is absolutely disgusting in the announcement today, is that the Sharks have missed out on a franchise. The Sharks have been the driving force behind female rugby league in Australia and were the first club to offer contracts etc to woman players, and their bid got rejected in favour of Greenbergs old mate from the Eastern Suburbs

Womans league here in Sudney is going throught the roof. Penriths district has over 60 girls TEAMs alone in the juniors. Ive been to a few Tasha Gale Cup (U18 girls) games plus senior womans footy and the standard is very very high. And these players are not old fat out of shape woman, they are fit, strong and highly skilled. Im glad the Warriors have a team especially for the Kiwi Ferns sake as the are going to get left behind in the next few years as the Aussie structure is going to lap us

ozenzud

Juniors
I'm getting to the middle age, so tend to be a bit conservative from time to time, but watching woman play "mens" sports, just doesn't do it for me. Aussie rules is a hard watch for me, but the womens comp is just woeful. Woman's cricket is dull. I don't generally watch tennis but have to admit watching the womans events on occasion, but not for honorable reasons.

Women playing league, super they can of course, but don't expect everyone to watch it.

sup42

Juniors
The Womens game is much closer to what I remember of old school Rugby League before they flooded it with Athletes and changed the game with structures.

No Wrestling, straight up running into big hits.

I'm looking forward to it, I miss the game I played.

The Womens game is much closer to what I remember of old school Rugby League before they flooded it with Athletes and changed the game with structures.

No Wrestling, straight up running into big hits.

I'm looking forward to it, I miss the game I played.

You would be suprised bro
My niece plays tasha gale cup (u18s) for the Wests Tigers. Unbeleivable setup and resources. Free gear, free health insurance everything. The coaching is very very good. Been to a few training sessions. They wrestle with the emphasis on slowing the play the ball. Big hits on defence are nothing unless you win the play the ball. Skills of these girls are amazing

321Davoe dragon

Juniors
I'm getting to the middle age, so tend to be a bit conservative from time to time, but watching woman play "mens" sports, just doesn't do it for me. Aussie rules is a hard watch for me, but the womens comp is just woeful. Woman's cricket is dull. I don't generally watch tennis but have to admit watching the womans events on occasion, but not for honorable reasons.

Women playing league, super they can of course, but don't expect everyone to watch it.
Yep totally agree i find it really boring,its a blokes sport always will be blokes sport ,seems like all this unisex crap is getting out of hand ,hate the way the commentators try an make it sound so exciting ,now there got state of origin omg

Latest posts