What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shield Final: Tas Tigers v NSW Blues at Hobart

beads6

First Grade
Tasmania got lucky with the timing of the World Cup

ridiculous declaration by Katich too

this pitch was a road and it seemed pretty obvious not even the batsman knew he was going to declare

there is a stack of time left and he was never going to bowl them out for f**k all on this road

well if they took there chances last night anything could have happened...

yappy

Bench
yep. I made my feelings about the dec known last night, but if they could catch it could have been a very different scenario. Yes the pitch was a road and yes Tassie batted slow, but they earned that right by finishing first on the table, and even that was after the game against Qld was washed out back when Qld was basically a gift 6 points. They had good luck with injuries and call ups, but they were the most consistent side all year and they did what they needed to to win the final. Fair play to them and no point bitching about what might have been.

El Diablo

Post Whore
well if they took there chances last night anything could have happened...

wouldn't have mattered

they got Cowan out anyway and he was 2 of the 3 IIRC

this pitch was a road and NSW were never likely to win but that declaration made it virtually impossible

and normally the World Cup isn't on and the Shield final and other end of year Shield games mostly have full strength sides

i think had the WC not been on it would have been NSW playing a home final

beads6

First Grade
wouldn't have mattered

they got Cowan out anyway and he was 2 of the 3 IIRC

this pitch was a road and NSW were never likely to win but that declaration made it virtually impossible

and normally the World Cup isn't on and the Shield final and other end of year Shield games mostly have full strength sides

i think had the WC not been on it would have been NSW playing a home final

if the world cup wasn't on a different schedule would have occured and Australia would have been touring somewhere else.

Red Bear

Referee
If we dont win i'd rather it was tassie then other states so well done.

As i posted elsewhere the injuries and selections made it very difficult for us this half of the year, particularly having two games where we went down a bowler very early. Should've got ourselves a home final but werent good enough in the end

aussies1st

Staff member
Tassie peaked at the right stage of the season. Sadly our peak came too early which wasn't helped by the injuries. Not even our depth could cover the bowlers we lost.