What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOCK: Relevent point raised on Footy Show!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
When the rest of the panel were giving Gaz some stick last night about Saints being a "Club In Crisis", he denied it. He's right - we're on the same points as the defending champion Broncos and we're ahead of the "mighty" Eastern Suburbs Roosters, who have no real stars missing through injury, have Origin backs, halves & forwards & a newly installed Premiership winning coach.

Saints have injuries galore, a young & inexperienced squad and a coach with only a few years experience yet we're the ones in crisis??

Whatever sells papers, I guess...

The Preacher

First Grade
I actually thought last night's show was their best effort in quite a while. I watched it until Weirdler had finished dribbling and then turned off, but I did enjoy most of it up until then.

Wobbygong

First Grade
I think the "crisis" headline is dragged out about this time ever year, and while their are other clubs in the same and worse position than us (Tigers, Broncos, Canberra, Roosters etc), it was probably more the way our blokes simply didn't compete last Monday. Sorry but it was one of the worse dragons efforts I've witnessed for 7 years. Melbourne 70-10 in 2000 was the most disgraceful effort given the talent we had on the park that particular night - topped off with browny passing it to Thommo and Thommo tripping over his own feet and falconing the ball to the rampant storm.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Remind me again - when was the last year a Dragons team won more than 50% of their first 6 games in a season?!?!?!

We always kick on after the Anzac Day demolition of the Roosters, so Im not worried yet.
As far as Im concerned its business as usual. SNAFU! :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
There's no crisis, I've no doubt we'll start hitting form soon & we'll be premiership favourites according to the papers again...

It's the same sh*t every year that p*sses me off.

Father Ted

First Grade
I of course disagree . Easts and Brisbane have recent grand-final victories under their belts where most of you were not even alive when we were last premiers . With our resources which are greater than Easts and possibly equal at least to the Broncos we should have won two or more grand-finals since 1999 . Especially for much of the earlier period we had a salary cap twice that of all the other clubs and a junior base that other clubs would druel about . It seems more likely to me that our supporters are growing used to poor performances and therefore no longer feel the need to strive for or demand excellence .

The Preacher

First Grade
If we don't at least show a marked improvement this week, and then string a few wins together, it's lights out for 2007. FACT.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Father Ted said:
I of course disagree . Easts and Brisbane have recent grand-final victories under their belts where most of you were not even alive when we were last premiers . With our resources which are greater than Easts and possibly equal at least to the Broncos we should have won two or more grand-finals since 1999 . Especially for much of the earlier period we had a salary cap twice that of all the other clubs and a junior base that other clubs would druel about . It seems more likely to me that our supporters are growing used to poor performances and therefore no longer feel the need to strive for or demand excellence .

Good points raised there.

Dave Q

Coach
Easts have Harrison to come back, theres someone else, I cant remember.

But theres no moz and no extreme forward gruntage except if you call Fitzgibbon grunt and they are still looking for their 1000th win. But every week they get closer.

Tomorrow night may be their best chance of the season.

Better for the Saints if they reach that milestone, but I think your season is still a long way from cactus.

A form slump maybe.

The chances of the Saints (even with injuries) capitulating against the Roosters, well they are remote at best.

Dakink

Bench
I think we are in a little trouble as well - though I see this year more of a case of bringing these young guys through the ranks.

The experience they are gaining by being forced to play week in week out first grade will hold them and us in good stead for the next few years for mine.

I see them on a steep learning curve that will see the Red and Whites bakc at the other end of the table before to long - if we can cut out our stupid errors and penalties.. And we never get Steve Clrak again...

petetheileet

First Grade
Steel Dragon said:
Remind me again - when was the last year a Dragons team won more than 50% of their first 6 games in a season?!?!?!

We always kick on after the Anzac Day demolition of the Roosters, so Im not worried yet.
As far as Im concerned its business as usual. SNAFU! :lol:

100% correct thanks for reminding me of that...it is usually about this time we kick into gear

Father Ted

First Grade
I don't think it's going to happen for us this year . In fact unless we make huge culture changes you can write off next year as well .

Latest posts