What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should NZ be stripped of Test match, ODI and 20/20 International status?

Strip status?

• Total voters
I reckon this 3 test series - Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane (let's try giving the Gabba a later test) - vs NZ is a goer.

Seriously.

A new trophy - the ANZAC Cup - modelled after the Lone Pine. Hell, even get some prize money behind it all.

Hype it up, promote it, grow it. Within 10-20 years, it'll be like the Bledisloe Cup for NZ/Aust rivalry and the Lions Tour (only every 4 years).

Get the Black caps vs the Baggy Greens...hard as nails, tough as boots, brothers in arms playing Test match cricket. I reckon it would soon rival the Ashes and Border-Gavaskar fixtures.

Timbo

Staff member
Don't we play the Gabba test so early because of Brisbane's unreliable midsummer weather though?

Meth

Staff member
I reckon this 3 test series - Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane (let's try giving the Gabba a later test) - vs NZ is a goer.

Seriously.

A new trophy - the ANZAC Cup - modelled after the Lone Pine. Hell, even get some prize money behind it all.

Hype it up, promote it, grow it. Within 10-20 years, it'll be like the Bledisloe Cup for NZ/Aust rivalry and the Lions Tour (only every 4 years).

Get the Black caps vs the Baggy Greens...hard as nails, tough as boots, brothers in arms playing Test match cricket. I reckon it would soon rival the Ashes and Border-Gavaskar fixtures.

As far away as Australia are from their glory days at the moment, I don't think NZ are going to challenge Australia in a Test series any time soon. We can spring a surprise in ODI's or T20.

flippikat

Bench
How about if we win a T20 series against Australia, we get an expansion team in the Big Bash? 2 expansion teams if we whitewash the series.

What d'ya say, Cricket Australia? ;-)

TheParraboy

Staff member
How about if we win a T20 series against Australia, we get an expansion team in the Big Bash? 2 expansion teams if we whitewash the series.

What d'ya say, Cricket Australia? ;-)

not a bad idea really

Auckland Asteroids?

Christchurch Cannonballs?

JJ

Immortal
It would in some ways be good to have a BBL team, but at the end of the day I don't think that would help our domestic cricket - they really should redevelop our 20:20 league, it's decent but essentially just the same domestic teams - the product is good, but as usual here nobody gives a rats arse about cricket in any form except internationals (and then not tests)

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Why would either nation want it ?

Australian domestic cricket purpose is to produce Australian cricketers and any increase in profits would just go towards protecting test cricket in Australia. So if a nz side actually brought money to the table it would be going to cricket Australia

Latest posts