What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should The Dragons Sign Madge As Coach?

possm

Coach
Should the Dragons sign Madge from South Sydney as our Head Coach on a 3 year deal?

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
It's spelt Madge. I have posted before that its a no from me for the following reasons:
Name me a player who has improved under him
Player welfare a concern eg Inglis knee injury
Appalling handling from the Burgess Bros. has not been addressed
Finished below us in 2016 with a better roster
Team playing style has not changed - bash & barge
But don't let me get in the way of your Madge obsession!

Last edited:

St Georgio

Juniors
A real tough one here Madge V Mary, Premiership winner V ????????, has Madge lost his mojo, has Mary found his own mojo, I am willing to wait close to the end of the season, but the more Mary continues to do well i.e the team winning games the more likely he will remain as coach, I suspect the board will sign him by the end of state of oranges if we are sitting nicely in the Top 4.

Simon

Juniors
Mary would stop playing it safe and test Mann and our juniors for 2018.

You do realise we're 5th on the ladder. Why focus more on next year than the current one.

Juniors will make the team when they're ready. Sele and Field have already made their debuts this season.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Nuh. Shows no concern for player welfare. Doesn't attract up and coming players to the club. No evidence of any game plan other than bash up the middle. Players who leave seem to do better eg McInnis, Dylan Walker, Luke Keary. In 2015 Souths finished the table one place above St George, in 2016 one place below St George. In short he is not an improvement on Mary, and in some areas (man management, player welfare management) is significantly worse.