What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we revive the Parrallel Dimension ?

forward pass

Coach
For those who are fairly new to the forum, this place used to be fun and laughs - mainly due to the Parrallel Dimension. A troll-free forum for Eels supporters only, it used to be a fantastic place for forum members to share jokes, stories, photos, links etc etc

What happened? We lost some really good members who couldn't be bothered any more and I guess maybe everyone else just gave up on it. Now what we have left is a forum where almost thread turns into a shit fight of some sort and petty squabbles amongst other members with differing opinions.

It also seems to me that we have very few female members now (if any?) which is really disappointing and probably a sad indictment on the rest of us members. Where are they all? They were as passionate and knowledgeable as any of us and more importantly - were funny, sensible, positive and very rarely got involved in squabbles.

I don't know, I think maybe the recent loss of Fish Eel made me remember what we used to have here and how much fun it actually was. I mean at the end of the day - its just a footy team - and we are actually all on the same side !!

Gronk

Staff member
Are you sure that the PD is restricted access under the new site ? I thought i saw somewhere that it wasn't. Maybe @Twizzle can clarify ?

jk13

First Grade
so you're telling me there is a place I can go where there are no merkins?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
PD is a closed group, no trolls but you need to ask for access so I can give the newbies access. Most old school members already have access and there is some recent discussion in there on Fishy as well as Gutful's bitching thread.

Its basically a social forum where all threads are OT.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wants to see more activity in the PD - first thread that pops up is "The David's Only Thread"...

Not being named David..

carson

Juniors
I think I asked for access about a year or so ago and never heard back...kinda funny because my name is David...maybe there was a limit.

forward pass

Coach
Wants to see more activity in the PD - first thread that pops up is "The David's Only Thread"...

Not being named David..

This is just an example of the silliness of the PD. I originally wanted a second sub-forum for Davids only but the idea was rejected by the mods.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This is just an example of the silliness of the PD. I originally wanted a second sub-forum for Davids only but the idea was rejected by the mods.

Nah, I'm just having a laugh, mate.

I haven't really indulged in the PD, but I reckon I will try it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've got a thread in there about all the things that piss me off. Maybe I haven't been angry enough of late?