What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we target Alex Johnston?

lafai

Bench
Nathan Merritt scored like 200 tries. Plus Johnston's abit faster. I'd take that any day.

Bulldog Force

Referee
No. Our team is set. Backs, halves, forwards, all set. What we need to do now is lock in our stars coming off contract.

souths_pride

Juniors
I would be very surprised if he left Souths for anyone. I get the feeling that with Greg Inglis looking increasingly likely to leave in the next couple of years, AJ is someone who we seriously need to look a retaining. Also, if you guy or any other club wants to lure Johnston, I think your going to need to offer him a guaranteed fullback spot as well as any cash your prepared to throw at him. He has stated in numerous interviews his desire to play fullback and his team mates have also commented on his enormous ability in that position.

Bulldog Force

Referee
nah he will be too expensive
Not only that, but we don't need him. What, he run 90 metres and scores a try... big deal. We have 2 faster players in our team (the Morris twins), plus Rona and Perrett haven't done anything to warrant them being dropped (neither did Corey Thompson).

lafai

Bench
Thinking about it more, if we don't re-sign Perrett than we should go after Nightingale from the Drags. But hopefully we re-sign him as he's a great metre eater out of dummy half and always solid.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Thinking about it more, if we don't re-sign Perrett than we should go after Nightingale from the Drags. But hopefully we re-sign him as he's a great metre eater out of dummy half and always solid.

Id prefer we just go after youth with speed. I'm sure there are plenty around that fit that moniker

Packy

Bench
Not only that, but we don't need him. What, he run 90 metres and scores a try... big deal. We have 2 faster players in our team (the Morris twins), plus Rona and Perrett haven't done anything to warrant them being dropped (neither did Corey Thompson).

M8 no we don't. Josh isn't as fast as Brett anymore and I wouldn't back Brett against Alex.

He's going to be a good footy player imo.

Bulldog Force

Referee
He'll command big bucks in the cap - space which we do not have. He might be a tad faster than one of our fastest players, but IMO he's looking good around his squad. Take Inglis out and he's nothing. Speed does not always equal quality.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Packy

Bench
I disagree. He's more than just a finisher for Inglis.

Let's revisit in a few years. I remember another of these threads over Dugan and Coote and I thought Coote was going to kick on.. so I am certainly not saying I am going to be right :p

annav2

Juniors
I have watched a fair bit of NSW cup and Jarrod McInally seems to be pretty good so far. Lets see how he goes.

Latest posts