What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side vs Donkeys

Joel-22

Juniors
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Ken Sio
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Shaun Kenny Dowell
5.Tom Hughes
6.Brock Lamb
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Slade Griffin
10.Herman Ese'ese
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Chris Heighington

14.Danny Levi
15.Jacob Lillyman
16.Josh King
17.Mitch Barnett

Ross has to be dropped as does Buhrer.
Heighington has consistently been one of our best forwards and deserves a spot in the starting side.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Ponga
Sio
Ross
Sione
SKD
Lamb
Pearce
Ese ese
Griffin
King
Fitz
Guerra
Barnett

Levi
Buhrer
Lillyman
Heinington

I’d be dropping the saifitis before Ross or buhrer. Not sure why you would drop buhrer? Was forced to play centre, is a good utility forward to have on the bench.

Noname36

First Grade
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Ken Sio
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Shaun Kenny Dowell
5.Tom Hughes
6.Brock Lamb
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Slade Griffin
10.Herman Ese'ese
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Chris Heighington

14.Danny Levi
15.Jacob Lillyman
16.Josh King
17.Mitch Barnett

Ross has to be dropped as does Buhrer.
Heighington has consistently been one of our best forwards and deserves a spot in the starting side.

What did Burher do wrong?

Noname36

First Grade
Besides not make a single dominant tackle, he gave away 2 penalties and failed to make an impact with the ball. He's utter shite

Jeez he was playing completely out of position and was still one of our better defensive players.

He wasn’t great but there were a lot worse.

You’re a tough marker. And I say that as someone that doesn’t see a place for Burher in our fully fit side.

mozza91

Coach
Swap Sione and SKD. We need to get SKD more ball I thought he was our best today. Sio in for Ross. Those are the only 2 changes I’d make.

Glendale

Juniors
Ross to centre, it may spark him, he's had some good games there before. Keep SKD where he is atm and doing what he's doing, don't need to fix what is not broken- we need his carries out of our own end which you do a lot less of at centre.

The make up of the forward pack is a hard one... I kinda have a feeling Levi would be useful off the bench for us to bring some sort of impact but I can't think of combination in which Levi, Buhrer and Griffin can fit into the same side which doesn't leave us too small upfront. With Watson out we need Buhrer in the side for his versatility alone.

It probably has to involve dropping someone like Barnett- who has had a pretty poor start to the season and a stint in Reggies may not harm.

1. Ponga
2. SKD
3. Sione
4. Ross
5. Sio
6. Lamb
7. Pearce
8. Ese'ese
9. Griffin
10. Lillyman
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Guerra
13. D Saifiti/Buhrer

14. Levi
15. Heighington
16. Buhrer/D Saifiti
17. King

Edit: Otherwise you just leave Barnett in the side and Levi out of the side which is probably on reflection the best way to go at this point.

Glendale

Juniors
Copy and paste, with Levi on the bench. Hagan ball.

Anyone who thinks making wholesale changes to a team who is still very new to each other is the answer is dumb. We have lost two games away from home, one to the premiership favourites and one to the best team in the comp at the moment, it's not time for panic. Yes individuals need to be aware that repeated bad performances will lead to the chop but right now its about continuity.

Old dog

Juniors
We have all at sometime claimed we need a good centre for depth, we've talked about using SKD as centre but that is short term fill in, we are now in need of a centre, not a fill in winger, a centre. Buhrer is not a centre, if we don't have one in res then we have not recruited well. We have gone with the tried and tested, new buys played, time to give a young up and coming player a chance, Hughes, Dennis, Naden.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Find a replacement for Moga and go with the same side.

Last 20 mins in defence was ok. If they complete at 80% like in the first 2 games they will be close to winning...

Brown said he is keeping his eyes out in case there is someone dissatisfied with their club. I reckon we might probe that a bit .

Spot On

Coach
There's absolutely no way I could keep Sione at centre after that game today.

I'm assuming Brown gives a few players very clear instructions on what they have to do this week to avoid a stint in reggies.

He also needs to somehow work a miracle with the defensive line.

I'm assuming Brown gives a few players very clear instructions on what they have to do this week to avoid a stint in reggies.
He needs to drop someone to reggies so they get the picture. Ross would be my choice.
The problem is that we can't afford to drop Ross or Sione for that matter. Barnett maybe but with him not being first choice to drop I wouldn't do it.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
1 Ponga
2 SKD
3 Sione
4 Ross
5 Sio
6 Lamb
7 Pearce
8 Ese’ese
9 Griffin
10 Lillyman
11 Fitzgibbon
12 Guerra
13 Buhrer

14 Levi
15 D Saifiti
16 Barnett
17 Heighington

I don’t want SKD swapping sides so I would rather Ross move one in to cover the loss of Moga.
Got Levi on the bench because I think we need some speed out of dummy half. While I think Griffin is a solid 7/10 his running game isn’t as good as Danny who can capitalise on tired defence.
Barnett I think is struggling with no pre season so I would rather him play reduced minutes off the bench.
And as for Jacob Saifiti I think his impact has been very minimal this year and could do with some time in reserve grade.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
In 4 games I’ve seen more to like about griffins running game than I ever have from Levi. Levi having a good running game is a complete myth tbh.

mozza91

Coach
In 4 games I’ve seen more to like about griffins running game than I ever have from Levi. Levi having a good running game is a complete myth tbh.
In what way? His running game is excellent. Close to the line he might back himself a little bit too much. But he made a bunch of breaks last year out of dummy half and he uses his speed to get the team on the front foot really well.

Don’t get me wrong Griffin has been great and I can’t see Levi getting much First Grade anytime soon but to call his running game a myth is flat out wrong.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Because he has no idea when to run and when not to. Every time griffin has ran, he has made excellent metres and created a half break opportunity. I honestly can’t think of a run griffin has had, that was not at an opportune time.

Levi can’t pick his moments at all.

Griffin is a far superior runner to levi.

Latest posts