What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SIGN THOMPSON LONG TERM

dragonhysteria

Juniors
We talk about Joel bleeding Red and White and so on and so forth. But we need to remember that he has actually played for Canberra more years than he did for us - although number of games is very similar. He's only been with us for 4 years and a couple of years ago it was rumoured that he wanted to go back to Canberra. So can't be all that much committed solely to the club or "bleed red and white". I guess it depends on what your definition is. I think hewi's description of a good "club man" is correct - he will put in for the team (whichever he is with at the time) until he moves on.

Look, I like Joel and think he's a great bloke, a good player and has been good for the club. I will definitely be sad to see him go. But in my opinion he can be replaced by better players already waiting in the wings - Sims and Host - not to mention others waiting for a shot.
Agreed, for mine he is just an average solid first grader who will be blocking the pathway for Host etc. Luke Lewis should be the benchmark when looking at re-signing backrowers who are or will be 30+ years old. We want better results so these are the decisions that need to be made.

Latest posts