What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing News

Junior Dragon

Juniors
I've read that we have tabled offers to walker and Johnston from the rabbits, lussick from manly and lillyman from the warriors.
Thoughts on these players?

I've read that we have tabled offers to walker and Johnston from the rabbits, lussick from manly and lillyman from the warriors.
Why would we be tabling offers to Lussick and Lillyman?
Are they in any way are replacement or upgrade on Packer?
As for Walker and Johnston, they do some good things for Souths but what happens to the guys already on our books?

Gareth67

First Grade
I always liked Lussick , one big tough mongrel , who requires someone to get in his ear to take him to the next level . Whether or not Mary is the that person , I don't know . As far as Walker and Johnston ( mickeylanes favourite ) are concerned I would not say no .

Neither will ever replace the Duges , however one has speed to burn , whereas the other, Walker , is a wiley customer whom would cause any defence to 2nd guess itself .
Jacob Lilyman , unfortunately has a few too many miles on the clock .

Frank Facer

First Grade
That is not good news to me.

Walker is the only one that I would be slightly interested in, to play fullback, but I would rather we took a punt on Field and Dufty.

Lillyman or Lussick could be a stop gag replacement for Packer, but I see them as off cuts. I really think we need another big tough dominate prop. The only ones off contract or looking to possibly break contract early, that would be good enough are Kasiano and Asofa-Solomona, but Melbourne look to have signed both of them but there are none on the market and I would not like our chances of signing one if they were on the market

Johnston, no way. He is not a good enough fullback, I would rather we try Field and Dufty ahead of him. He would also block players such as Herbert, Garrick or Lomax from getting a shot on the wing. I don't think we have any need for Johnston.

This looks like very poor recruitment to me by Millward and co.

That is not good news to me.

Walker is the only one that I would be slightly interested in, to play fullback, but I would rather we took a punt on Field and Dufty.

Lillyman or Lussick could be a stop gag replacement for Packer, but I see them as off cuts. I really think we need another big tough dominate prop. The only ones off contract or looking to possibly break contract early, that would be good enough are Kasiano and Asofa-Solomona, but Melbourne look to have signed both of them but there are none on the market and I would not like our chances of signing one if they were on the market

Johnston, no way. He is not a good enough fullback, I would rather we try Field and Dufty ahead of him. He would also block players such as Herbert, Garrick or Lomax from getting a shot on the wing. I don't think we have any need for Johnston.

This looks like very poor recruitment to me by Millward and co.
They haven't recruited them so to say its poor on a rumour oh dear.

GC Dragon

Juniors
I would think that Millward should be sorting out what's happening with Lafai, Mann, Nighty and Milne.....After that then work out who we may need to buy in for the backs.

I have no doubt with Packer and Mose going we will be in the market for a front rower . But there is no hurry lets wait and find the right one .

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I can't remember the last time one of Ali's scoops actually came to fruition. He's a numpty.

If there is any truth to this however, then we're looking at the wrong guys.
The backs i'd be looking at would be Ferguson, Roberts or Tupou (maybe Johnston as a winger ONLY), with the intention of re-signing Lafai, Mann and Milne.
The forwards i'd be looking at would be Asofa-Solomona, Ofahengaue or Pauli Pauli.
Lussick and Lillyman are average.

ALSGI

Bench
Yep, let's send out a possie and buy up big time. There must be good players out there some where we could buy.
f**k our juniors, who the f**k would want to give our juniors a try first. Juniors can all rot in NSW cup for all I care who needs them. Honestly, if they were any good they'd be junior Kangaroos and Junior SOO reps by now, Mary would have blooded them already. Our juniors are shit let the other dumb ass clubs buy them.