What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Greally

Perth Tiger

Bench
Does anyone know what happen to Greally. He was getting a lot of wraps but i haven't seen anything about him lately.

Was he poached by another club or something?

westie

Bench
Perth Tiger said:
Does anyone know what happen to Greally. He was getting a lot of wraps but i haven't seen anything about him lately.

Was he poached by another club or something?

I really shouldn't laugh... but :lol:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Thanks for that, from what i've read we will have more than adequate cover should the unthinkable happen and hodgo actually miss a game

Wrighty79

Juniors
westie said:
I really shouldn't laugh... but :lol:

Now now Westie. He will get alot of game time for the Waratahs. i even earmark him to take the #10 Wallabies jersey in about 3 years time.

Vicious

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
Now now Westie. He will get alot of game time for the Waratahs. i even earmark him to take the #10 Wallabies jersey in about 3 years time.

Better than Kurtley Beale???

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Yes he will be...Ive seen him play in the 10 in Union and he excelled. Chris Hickey was a big fan of his style of play but I would not be surprised to see him play Fullback as well

brook

First Grade
I'm pretty sure Simon played for Australia at a junior level in union before switching full-time to league.

He'll do well

Mighty Tiger

Bench
brook said:
I'm pretty sure Simon played for Australia at a junior level in union before switching full-time to league.

He'll do well

He made the union and league rep teams at some level in the same year didn't he?

He does have the talent to make it in Union and if he wanted to in the NRL, who knows he could be another player like Steve Turner all the talent in the world but either gets injured or doesn't realise he has that potential and will never let people see what he is really made of abit of a shame really.

Vicious

Bench
Last i saw of him he was still very lightly framed. I`m personally not of the opinion that you have to be strongly built to be a good footballer because you don`t, but very few get much of a go in Union unless they have some size about them.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Vicious said:
Last i saw of him he was still very lightly framed. I`m personally not of the opinion that you have to be strongly built to be a good footballer because you don`t, but very few get much of a go in Union unless they have some size about them.

mate last time I saw him he was smaller than Hodgo, taller but his frame was smaller

Vicious

Bench
Probably should have put this elsewhere, but i thaught it was interesting to hear Berrick Barnes state that his training at the Broncos last season was much more physically demanding than what he is now doing with the Queensland Reds, particularly when the latest comments from this seasons Broncos players say that their training in `2006 is much harder than what it was in `2005.

brook

First Grade
based on the stats that the wests tigers put up early last year Simon is actually a fair bit (few inches) taller than hodgo and was only very slightly lighter - considering he'd never had any full time training I'd expect that he will end up heavier eventually.

He's small yes but not so small that it should be a real problem.

And no he played reps for league the year after he played for union from memory - the year he was mostly focused on union he wasn't actually a part of the balmain sg ball side junior someone was our fullback (forget his surname, very fast fijian kid - only played the one season)

brook

First Grade
no
like I said he only played one season with us and didn't turn up anywhere else.

Vicious

Bench
brook said:
based on the stats that the wests tigers put up early last year Simon is actually a fair bit (few inches) taller than hodgo and was only very slightly lighter - considering he'd never had any full time training I'd expect that he will end up heavier eventually.

He's small yes but not so small that it should be a real problem.

And no he played reps for league the year after he played for union from memory - the year he was mostly focused on union he wasn't actually a part of the balmain sg ball side junior someone was our fullback (forget his surname, very fast fijian kid - only played the one season)

Junior Naquila wasn`t it??? I thaught he was the son of ex Wallaby winger Acura Naquila??? And there was a good reason as to why he only played the 1 season with the Tigers despite having plenty of talent.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
Yes, and much bigger than Kurtly too.

A fair few years old as well. By the time Beale is mature enough to be playing for Australia, he will have the size required.

brook

First Grade
Vicious said:
Junior Naquila wasn`t it??? I thaught he was the son of ex Wallaby winger Acura Naquila??? And there was a good reason as to why he only played the 1 season with the Tigers despite having plenty of talent.

Thats the one

And I dunno what the reason was so I'll take your word for it

The boy did have talent but I guess I'd always put it down to the fact that Simon had more

Wrighty79

Juniors
Magpie Nick said:
A fair few years old as well. By the time Beale is mature enough to be playing for Australia, he will have the size required.

No way mate. Greally will increase his size where as Beale will always be small like Williams, Bowen and Campbell.