What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Mannering to retire. Hats off

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
in the warriors darkest times of recent history when they were churning out utter shite in the middle and end to end brainfarts outwide simon was still busting his ass off and pumping out 40+tackles every week. Every side needs a bloke like him, really hope he gets to the 300 club to set the record that will never be taken off him.

One Warrior

Bench
Great player. Not many captain a World Cup win. Would he be the first to reacg 300 exclusively in Warriors colours?

Who?

My side has a DCE but he couldn't win a coin flip even if he was allowed to call both heads and tails.
Yes Mannering would be the first to get to 300 games exclusively in Warriors colours, all going well the 300th game will be the final regular season game against the Raiders.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Champion player, the Warriors will miss him next year as he is the type of player that holds teams together with his workrate.

Won 2008 World Cup

Won 2010 4 Nations

Runner Up 2011 Grand Final as Captain

2013 becomes NZ Captain

2013 World Cup Runner Up as Captain

Won 2014 4 Nations as Captain

A damn good career.

Last edited:

Dave_

Juniors
Good ol' captain Vanilla himself. Got almost all the way to 300 games by being bog average yet hard working. Good on him. Definitely not the worst player to make 300.

LESStar58

Referee
Great player. Not many captain a World Cup win. Would he be the first to reacg 300 exclusively in Warriors colours?

Who?

My side has a DCE but he couldn't win a coin flip even if he was allowed to call both heads and tails.

Cayless was skipper in 2008.

Lambretta

First Grade
Good ol' captain Vanilla himself. Got almost all the way to 300 games by being bog average yet hard working. Good on him. Definitely not the worst player to make 300.

You do understand the meaning of average don't you?
Being second best at something out of 400 people does not you average make

Average starts around the 150 mark

If you can name 149 better current players than Mannering I'll take my hat off to you

Over a 15 year career, 400 x 15 = 6,000, so average starts around 2,250
As players play more than 1 season, that number is probably around the 1,000 mark, so I will allow for you to name 350 odd players over the past 10 years who were better.

Good luck

Pity some of his more talented team mates over the year didn't have Mannering's drive and application. The guy would bust his backside in every game he played and never gave up trying. I think the Warriors are going to miss him big time when he retires.

JJ

Immortal
Warriors fans will be better judges, but Mannering is up there with Stacey Jones and Manu Vatuvai as great warriors players.

Mannering carried the warriors defence for years unselfishly compromising his attacking skills.
Yep, Mannering isn't the best player, but he's the greatest Warrior - true team man, did whatever he could to make the team better (or at times less bad) - hard as nails too... would have collected a couple of spoons without him

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep, Mannering isn't the best player, but he's the greatest Warrior - true team man, did whatever he could to make the team better (or at times less bad) - hard as nails too... would have collected a couple of spoons without him

I reckon without Mannering and Johnson we’d have about 4 spoons by now :/

McLovin

Staff member
Very average player who offered minimal impact. A John Morris level 300 gamer. Won't be missed.

Latest posts