Simona / Salary cap

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by Shredder, Feb 25, 2017.

1. madunit

madunit Super Moderator Staff Member

furthermore, I dare say we have no spare cash. Simona's dickhead antics has essentially ensured we're under the cap.

With no Farah or Sironen on the books next year and if we can get Naiqama, Rankin and Idris new homes, we will have some coin and should be able to upgrade all four of Teddy, Woodsy, Brooksy and Mitchy and may even have enough spare to buy a player or two, if we aren't f**king stupid.

Depth is a huge issue at the club, so we can't just settle on upgrading those 4.

2. The Charlatan

The Charlatan First Grade

merkin, did he cost us a finals berth last year?

Wipe him from the clubs history/future.

Tiger Ted, Clifferd and macnaz like this.
  3. Tiger Woody

Tiger Woody Juniors

Agree 100%..
    Tigers knew about both of them prior.
    Its no coincidence

4. Tiger Woody

Tiger Woody Juniors

Agree again..lol
    I know its only 1 game so far but gee Idris doesnt look good at all.
    Hes really too slow for our backline..He would stifle it.
    Try him as a forward in reserve grade first.See how he goes

5. Tiger Woody

Tiger Woody Juniors

I like Whare from Penrith..
    Hes back from a bad injury but great defender and can attack too

6. Tiger Woody

Tiger Woody Juniors

First thing Tim should do is get a DECENT haircut before he applies for another job...

7. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Exactly my thoughts. A cheater should not represent our club at all whether it be past or future endorsements

He is forgotten. Doesn't exist anymore

macnaz, The Charlatan and Tiger Ted like this.
  8. Tiger Woody

Tiger Woody Juniors

as they say.....Goooonnnnnneeeeeeeeee

9. simmo1

simmo1 Bench

Could well have cost us semis last year this merkin.

Semi final experience would have been invaluable for the younger players, and may have helped ensure we retain the likes of Tedesco and Moses.

Who knows how much damage this merkin has done?

macnaz likes this.
  10. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Juniors

Realistically he has done us a huge favour by getting de-registered - getting us under the cap, getting Chee Kam into the team, and freeing up some cash for signings.

11. simmo1

simmo1 Bench

Nope.

Can't imagine he was on massive money, so hasn't freed up a large enough amount of money to sign anyone decent.

He's also a better player than Chee Kam.

12. benched tiger

benched tiger Juniors

Every aspect of this story is sad,a young man wasting his NRL career,for cheating on his club,team mates and fans,than when you think his moral compass can't get any lower he pockets charity money.

13. macnaz

macnaz First Grade

His apparent modest bets could have cost thousands to others.. JT may have lost his job for not making the 8 , sponsors may have bonus clauses in their investments which the club missed out on , and finals football atracting future sponsors..
    f**k this gambling addiction crap !! There are a million gambling options out there without selling out those who play with you and those who contribute to your very well paid lifestyle
    Add to that the charity stuff..
    TIM SIMONA YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT !!

The Charlatan and Tiger Ted like this.
  14. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

We have no idea what was going on behind the scenes. He may have been blackmailed into arranging these bets or match fixing. I'm not supporting what he did in any way shape or form, or even trying to make excuses, but the club should still ensure his wellbeing while this is carried out.

15. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

Greenberg seemed more pissed about the charity auctions that the bets.

It just all comes under bringing the game into disrepute.

16. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

He was one of if not my favourite player. I feel sorry for him in some ways for being addicted to gambling but he has done some pretty low shit. Imagine selling your jersey for charity but just pocketing the money.

What he has done is f**ked up. I suppose he has no money and no job now when he was earning a cool couple of hundred grand per year.

17. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

Please dont take this the wrong way -
    Firstly I am glad hes gone - the game is trying to be as clean as possible, which is great and given we are probably due something stupid from Dogs fans this year, lets try and keep it as clean as possible.

The concern was not that he auctioned items for charity and didnt give them the money.
    The charity in question said they were surprised with the low level of donation.

So from the outset, he was going to auction some stuff off and donate a portion to charity.

This is very very common.

You guys knows the "kids with cancer" guys that raffle off cars in shopping centres?

I used to date a girl that worked for the major children's cancer charity in Australia and she told me this car raffle company was a private company and donated a "portion" of their gains to Children's cancer.

Nowhere in their stands do they use the word "portion"

The same thing does for the guy that has backbackers selling the foam Raindeer ears at Christmas.

Im only saying this as my view is yeah he did the wrong thing, but he has been punished for it. He shouldn't be vilified for doing something that others do routinely.

Is it dodgey - yeah, but hes paid the price - he's lost his livelihood.

Matter is closed - ets set up for a great year of making the 8 and winning the premiership.

18. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

19. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

To bad for the idiot that he didn't appreciate that he was in a very privileged position as an elite sportsmen who was paid well & lauded by sycophantic groupies who inflate the egos of ingrates like him.

f**k him how can anyone have sympathy for a prick who betrayed us in the worst way possible & is bereft of a moral compass !

There's a reasonable likelihood this scumbag cost us a spot in the 8 last yr & if not well the evidence demonstrates by his unforgivable misdeeds that he did his best to ensure we wouldn't play finals footy !

macnaz and Clifferd like this.
  20. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo Bench

The following article, published today by the Daily Telegraph, may answer your questions regarding Simona's impact on the Tiger's salary cap for 2017 (I bolded the relevant parts in the article) -