What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple, Healthy Foods

Misanthrope

Staff member
Hey all

In a renewed attempt to get myself into shape, I'm tackling it from a few fronts including weights training and preparing for a half marathon (although starting small by getting myself back to where I used to be through Couch to 10k).

I'm also hoping to do more cooking, especially since there's not a great deal of healthy food available to me here.

Would love some recommendations of healthy foods that are simple to prepare and that don't require exotic ingredients: they're quite hard to find in China.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
There is a channel on youtube from a guy called 'The Protein Chef' who shares a heap of different high protein recipes. He doesn't do anything overly complex and has some good meals that you can cook on a Sunday and freeze for the remainder of the week. The guy is a body builder but its enjoyable food so even if that isn't your focus its a good place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7F_qiHDzlY

Frailty

First Grade
If you can, get the living lean cookbook by Mike Dolce.. Just straight up recipes that are delicious and healthy. For Example:

'Thoro-Breaded "Fried" Chicken - Essentially sliced chicken breast thats coated in an egg & almond milk mixture before being coated in oatbran and flaxseed meal, and then pan-fried with grapeseed or coconut oil.

Cletus

First Grade
Load up on veggies, Chinese greens are great and don't contain much energy. I find bananas are great to snack on between meals because they're really filling, so you won't be cooking way too much at meal times.

Latest posts