What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sims: " knee, meet Harris' head"

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Anyone think this should have been put on report? The slowmo replay shows he connected 3 times, the third with an increase in force.
When guys are tackled and trying to get free the usual actions are quite different...Sims' looked a deliberate dog shot

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't think it was deliberate, but neither was Burgess' arm when he hit the wrong spot on Morris.

Despite that there's been a dozen or more similar Burgess incidents since without penalty or suspension because no immediate harm came from them.

If Harris had been knocked out by the knee and play had to be stopped (he was clearly dazed) then we'd be hearing a lot more about it.

So what's the line for being charged? Contact, damage, intent, or just roll the dice and make it up as you go along?

SBD82

Coach
Anyone think this should have been put on report? The slowmo replay shows he connected 3 times, the third with an increase in force.
When guys are tackled and trying to get free the usual actions are quite different...Sims' looked a deliberate dog shot
Deliberate dog shot? Please.

I'd love to see footage again, but from memory Sims was trying to get up and Harris was lying all over him. If you want to get in there and wrestle a bloke on the ground you can't complain when you cop an accidental knee from a bloke that is trying to get up.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If my memory serves me correctly, the contact occurred after the ref had called held..

So perhaps if Harris had not been using his Storm tactics of slowing down the play the ball, he wouldn't be sporting a massive shiner right now..