What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sione

Old dog

Juniors
If Sione is cleared to play then he can play any position, could get walloped playing centre or reserves sure it's more likely to happen in firsts as a forward.
Think he is mainly being talked about as centre as that is our weakest position and he is a very good option.
I just hope he does not become a target for the head hunters.
If we buy a centre then it's competition on for places, keeping in mind Moga has also had injury problems.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
If Sione is cleared to play then he can play any position, could get walloped playing centre or reserves sure it's more likely to happen in firsts as a forward.
Think he is mainly being talked about as centre as that is our weakest position and he is a very good option.
I just hope he does not become a target for the head hunters.
If we buy a centre then it's competition on for places, keeping in mind Moga has also had injury problems.

It's such a shame about the concussion issue. If he worked on his mobility in the off season he'd continue to develop into a good forward with the option of using him at a pinch in the centres during games if need be. Instead I'd say Brown will be looking to have him reduce his frame and to convert him back into a centre.

Joel-22

Juniors
It's such a shame about the concussion issue. If he worked on his mobility in the off season he'd continue to develop into a good forward with the option of using him at a pinch in the centres during games if need be. Instead I'd say Brown will be looking to have him reduce his frame and to convert him back into a centre.

You'd think so but I know for a fact that the plan was to keep trying to add size and strength. At least that was the plan about 5 weeks ago... it could have changed

Spot On

Coach
I sincerely hope that this is not the case and I'm assuming a lot here not knowing the status of his health re the brain but....... each and every time he cops a bump no matter where he plays it will bring him closer to the end of his career won't it???? There have been other players like this ... innocuous bumps leading to pretty serious effects. I understand he is receiving the very best treatment and advice and has now had a long rest to fully recover but it would seem he is very prone to concussions does it not?

Burwood

Bench
In the beginning, I was assuming that his conscussion issue wasn’t as bad as first thought. But the longer the issue drags on, the less sure I am.

I thought the club were giving him extended time off for two reasons- the McManus incident and because the games he was missing at season’s end were relatively worthless in the grand scheme of things. Give him the entire off season to recover and make sure that any subsequent knocks to the head don’t have to be career ending.

I’m still hoping this is a case of the club being extremely cautious. We know how concerned Wests were with the liability around McManus before they purchased the club. Maybe they’re just doing everything to ensure that this doesn’t come back to bite them on the ass in a few years time.

TooheysNew

Coach
So much this.
Sione is the most overrated junior we have ever produced.
There is no point offering him a 3 year deal.
There would be no clubs knocking the door to sign him.
Maybe for $120k the Titans might sign him for a year.
Geez you talk some shit.

So much this.
I hope your Mum cuts off your internet soon.

Frederick

Staff member
So much this.
Have you finished watching all the games of the players named by CC, yes or no?

Knight Vision

First Grade
So much this.
Wayne Bennett, Tim Sheens, Nathan Brown, the Johns Brothers, Peter Sterling, Lauri Daley etc who have all at one stage stated Sione is a wonderful talent with a huge future in the game, are all wrong, and 21 year old Sione who has been moved from position to position throughout his short career is a shit player with no future. Interesting.

Bit hard to judge any player over the last 3 years when playing in the arguably the worst first grade line up in the history of the modern game. Same with Gagai, he's no doubt a blue chip player that would blow a game wide open with a half decent playing roster where the negative aspects are far less magnified.

Glendale

Juniors
11. Guerra
12. Sione
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer

Is our best back row rotation. Leave him where he is.

Yep, and Fitzy can still fit in the team this way aswell. His superb try-scoring ability and hole running could make himself a damaging impact player, he could even be used through the middle a bit. I do get the argument though that Fitzy's form in the latter rounds of last year was better then Sione.

Joel-22

Juniors
Yep, and Fitzy can still fit in the team this way aswell. His superb try-scoring ability and hole running could make himself a damaging impact player, he could even be used through the middle a bit. I do get the argument though that Fitzy's form in the latter rounds of last year was better then Sione.

That could really work. Interchange Sione for Fitz in shorter, explosive stints. This stops Sione from getting fatigued and increasing his likelihood of concussion

Johns Magic

Referee
11. Guerra
12. Sione
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer

Is our best back row rotation. Leave him where he is.

I suspect you're going to be incredibly disappointed when Brown rightfully makes Buhrer an 80 minute player out on the left with Guerra on the right. The captaincy is a two-horse race between him and Pearce IMO.

I really feel it's time for Sione to go back to the backline, and not because of our backrow stocks. I would like to see how he goes on the wing these days. Then again I think Sio has been written off on this forum but I am a fan of his, and Brown seems to want SKD on the wing.

This will be an interesting season for Sione.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Given we may not sign a centre between now and the start of next season then Sione will have to do. He's not lightning fast or anything but he's robust and runs hard with a decent fend and he's got a bit of skill as well.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I suspect you're going to be incredibly disappointed when Brown rightfully makes Buhrer an 80 minute player out on the left with Guerra on the right. The captaincy is a two-horse race between him and Pearce IMO.

I really feel it's time for Sione to go back to the backline, and not because of our backrow stocks. I would like to see how he goes on the wing these days. Then again I think Sio has been written off on this forum but I am a fan of his, and Brown seems to want SKD on the wing.

This will be an interesting season for Sione.
Totally agree. Buhrer on the bench would be a crazy waste of an 80min player