What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siro finally released

Shredder

Juniors
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/11/04/wests_tigers_release.html

Is it just me or do we seem really slow with press releases?

Everyone in the world apparently knew about Idris before it was confirmed and McIlwrick is in the first day training pics, but I still havent seen any announcement on him - did I miss it?

Regardless, Siro let go four months after signing a new long-term deal.

Hopefully this means ET is staying...... Might get an announcement on that by round 3.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'm a great deal more indifferent to this news than I would have been 3 years ago.

I wish him all the best, but he didn't develop at all due to being played out of position and failing to adjust anywhere near as well as Lawrence has.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm a great deal more indifferent to this news than I would have been 3 years ago.

I wish him all the best, but he didn't develop at all due to being played out of position and failing to adjust anywhere near as well as Lawrence has.

I'm the same. I don't think we ever used him correctly. JT likes our edge forwards to be battering rams who get the ball late at the line. Siro as a back rower is a guy who needs the ball early as he can pop a pass. I still think he could be a very good back rower if allowed to play like a wade graham.

In saying that he did seem lazy on the field and was a poor one on one defender. It's probably best for both parties that he moved on.

So released means they don't pay any of his salary in 2017 right?

I suppose as the public we never know fully however from what I was told we were happy to keep siro but also told him he was free to leave if he liked. It's been said manly really wanted him so I'd be surprised if we were paying much, if any, of his salary for the next 2 years

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Sirro's not the only departure, news has just come through that Obed Kharwin is leaving to join the Redcliffe Dolphins, Obed may not have played NRL yet he could have at the Tigers in 2017.

macnaz

Staff member
Funny how in the media and on here people are throwing out lines like he was played out of position or the coach didnt like him bla bla bla .. the fact is he played the last season in State cup and still couldnt dominate or stand out demanding to be included in the NRL . The guy has the footballing skills and size to be a champion ... BUT lacks the f**king heart!!
Regardless if he was asked to be a battering ram and not offload so be it , the guy is a giant and refused to stand up..
Fmd even at 6 moses has put his body on the line minus 30 f**king Kilo's 10 fold compared to Curtis .
Cya Siro , hope u can reach your potential at Manly .. by firstly being MANLY.

axl rose

Bench
Good. So does Bayley Sironen actually have talent or headed down the same path. Have heard good things but have my doubts. Just stop with all these favors for ex players (like staff positions as well) and just run the club like a professional organisation for once.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good. So does Bayley Sironen actually have talent or headed down the same path. Have heard good things but have my doubts. Just stop with all these favors for ex players (like staff positions as well) and just run the club like a professional organisation for once.
Bayley has long been the better player

Vic Mackey

Referee

Bayley got moved to the back row much younger so that's helped. The guy who coached them both at school said BS was the better player and much tougher. He's shorter and wider then CS, very different frame.

I haven't overly rated him however he has had a lot of injures the last two years which wouldn't have helped.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Bayley got moved to the back row much younger so that's helped. The guy who coached them both at school said BS was the better player and much tougher. He's shorter and wider then CS, very different frame.

I haven't overly rated him however he has had a lot of injures the last two years which wouldn't have helped.
My contacts in the Balmain juniors have been of the same opinion that Bayley has always had the greater potential.

Only time will tell whether we end up benefiting from a progeny of the fabulous Balmain 2nd rower.Im not holding my breath as this club has been riddled with disappointment whereby gun juniors haven't kicked on in the men's comp with us.

Brooks is my favourite example of someone not going close to fulfilling the enormous potential that was displayed in juniors.He has had 3 full yrs of NRL & has turned out to b a lemon.He can't kick can't tackle & can't pass.Its time that this moronic club makes objective & realistic decisions re contract value when signing kids who have only excelled in junior rep cup teams !