What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sironen contract extended

Magpies Forever

Juniors
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/06/06/curtis_sironen_commi.html

FFS- this is ridiculous. WT are honestly taking us supporters for granted. I just honestly dont know what to say at this stage.

Sorry forgot article

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that Curtis Sironen has agreed to extend his time at the Club until at least the end of the 2018 NRL season.
The 22-year-old made his debut for Wests Tigers in 2012 and has played 64 NRL games for the Club since then, as well as playing three representative games for City Origin.
Sironen said he was excited to have extended his contract with Wests Tigers after taking up an option for the 2018 NRL season.
“I’m really happy to have secured my future at Wests Tigers and to continue playing for Club I started out at,” Sironen said. “The Club is really important to me and I’ve had a few shaky starts recently but my goal is to work my way back into the NRL side.
“I love everything about Wests Tigers — especially the teammates here because we have all developed a really tight bond.
“It has been really great to see some of the exciting players who have come through the grades with me and I’m looking forward to playing some more footy with those guys.
“To have come through the development pathways as a local junior is really special to me — I’m excited to be able to continue my career at Wests Tigers,” he said.
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that Sironen’s contract extension was another positive for the Club following a number of player re-signings in recent weeks.
“We’re really happy that a player of Curtis’ calibre has decided to extend his time at Wests Tigers,” said Pascoe. “Today’s announcement puts to bed any rumours that Curtis would be playing elsewhere and we look forward to seeing him continue to develop as a part of our squad.”
Head Coach Jason Taylor said that he looked forward to continuing to work closely with Sironen.
“It’s a great sign for this Club that talented, young, players like Curtis want to continue to be a part of what we’re building here,” said Taylor. “We’ll continue to work with him to ensure that he continues to develop and grow as an NRL player into the future.”

T.T

Juniors
wow.

I don't understand why the club.. or Curtis himself.. would sign a contract extension when he's playing reserve grade

PS. This gives me less confidence that we will resign Elijah Taylor

Tigerted

Juniors
It's a similar situation to the 6 & 7 where they have contract options massively in their favour.Of course they committ & exercise the option when no other club is dumb enough to outbid the ridiculous amount of money they were generously gifted on that detestable prick Grant Mayers watch !!

wittyfan

Referee
Awesome news!!!

12237200_990891844266690_1962760582_n.jpg

gordsy

Juniors
So we lose Fine, Ado-Carr, Drink-water, might be losing Robbie to esl very soon and sign the Sirro the muppet.

My god it's hard to like this team sometimes.:crazy:

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Geez he owes the club big time

Better not have signed for much otherwise you could almost sue him for fraud

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'm still gobsmacked but at very least who the hell wrote and offered these incredibly one sided contracts a couple of years ago. They sure are biting this club in the arse at this stage.

Farah- too long
Moses & Brooks- those options in their favour
Sironen- options again in their favour.
Lawrence- backended contract= but luckily he alone went a renegotiated to extend in both his and WT in a win-win situation.

Surely, their cant be any more contract timebombs out there in our squad. Not enough talent.......................................... apart from Tedesco

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think it's pretty obvious what happened. Siro looked around, found out nobody wanted him, relapsed how much of a ride he took Mayer for and took up the next 2 years ASAP.

macnaz

Staff member
23% of our cap for 2017 gone on 3 f**king hacks.. hmmm the war chest will have a handfull of Bunnings vouchers and movie tickets left to offer real players . WHAT A merkin OFF A CLUB !!
LoL my arse of at this abortion called a club.

Tigerted

Juniors
Unfortunately we r stuck with the 3 impostors sucking enormous funds from the charitable WT teat coz they held all the cards for '17 re the insane way their contracts were designed thanks to the pathetic oxygen thief Mayer !!

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think Sironen is on big dollars. Our halves are well and truly overpaid although if they performed every game how they do once or twice a season they would be worth it.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Any reports on how Sironen has been performing in reserves? Has he started to lift his game or has he gone backwards? Haven't been to a game for a while so haven't seen much of him.....