What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Six Big Questions for 2017

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well 2017 is a matter of hours away and believe it or not Round 1 is in 62 days. We are entering what I believe is the most important year in our clubs short history. You could say we have put everything into this year. The club moved heaven and earth to move our most capped player on, the players we've pinned all our hopes on are now into 3rd/4th year of first grade and are finally fulfilling the potential they've shown for years. To me losing more then a couple of these guys and not making the 8 will be a monumental failure. It will mean the last 5 years of 'rebuilding' have all been for nothing and the club will need to start again. We seem to be in the best shape off field we've been so there's no excuses not to produce on the field.

Some of these are hugley important questions for how our year (and future) will shape up whilst some are just of interest:

* Who will we resign out of Tedesco, Moses, Brooks & Woods?
* Will Taylor be resigned?
* Will Idris be a success?
* Which rookies will debut?
* Where will we finish?
* Who will be our top try scorer?

Vic Mackey

Referee
* Who will we resign out of Tedesco, Moses, Brooks & Woods? I think teddy and woods are certainties to stay. The halves are a little more iffy however I believe at least one will stay, with Moses the one more likely to leave. He seems to be a very driven, I don't think he'll hang around to be in a team that constantly misses the finals. If we are performing early in the season I think he'll stay. Ultimately I'd say all 4 resign but we lose a few others from the squad I.e a few of simona, Nofoaluma, Ava, grant, aloiai etc

* Will Taylor be resigned? Yes and I think it will be sorted prior to the season starting

* Will Idris be a success? I think he will and will have one of his best seasons yet

* Which rookies will debut? I don't think we'll have many. Liddle and Felisse will get plenty of game time with Paeseka and Marters having a few between them.

* Where will we finish? Bit of a glass half full view but I'm thinking it will all come together and we'll finish 6th.

* Who will be our top try scorer? Teddy with Nofa not far behind.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Regarding rookies, haven't Felise & Liddell already made their debuts?.

P.S. I want Idris to become the cult player that Daine Laurie nearly was!.

Medium Rare

Juniors
Tigers will pay slight overs for Woods, Tedesco & Moses and wont offer anything similar to Brooks.

Surely Taylor has to be re-signed or last years shit show was for nothing but it is Wests Tigers so who knows.

I think Idris will be worth his pay check.

Don't know about rookies

About the same as last year. Moses and Tedesco will win them enough games to be respectable but that foward pack can't get them in the 8 and it seems your outside backs have a bad history with injury.

Tedesco if he plays most of the season will be a shoe in.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Tedesco, Moses & Woods. Brooks hasn't lived up to his hype and is expendable with Littlejohn.

Yes. Would be stupid not to given the last 2 years. Performance will dictate if he is or not.

Absolutely - he's hungry and wants to prove he still has it. Sadly I see him using us a stepping stone to a 'bigger' club.

McIllwrick possibly but I'm not sure given the nucleus of the team is in tact and Liddle debuted this year.

* Where will we finish?
Top 8 certainties. I'd be pleased with 7th or higher.

Tedesco

Wizardman

First Grade
We'll sign Teddy for overs. Woods will stay. I think we'll keep Moses and let go of Brooks.

Performance will dictate this. I say he will be let go.

I think he'll be average.

Marsters will get a go.

* Where will we finish?
Bottom four. Our defence and pack will need to improve bigtime. I don't think it is within our 2017 squad to do that.

Nofoaluma

Tiger05

First Grade
Here are my thoughts:-

I think all of them but time will tell. I think Tedesco and Moses are probably the most important but Woods and Brooks could be important.
Yes.
Yes.
No idea. Liddle is one the most important players that we want to perform though.
* Where will we finish?
No idea but we should be in the top 8.
Tedesco or Nofo.

Lastly Happy New Year and go Tigers.

Perth Tiger

Bench
* Who will we resign out of Tedesco, Moses, Brooks & Woods? Teddy and Woods would be first off the cab to resign, Moses I fell will look to maximize his contract so it will depend on how well he is playing and how much we had to spend on Teddy and Woods but unless someone comes in and offers him a massive contract like Newcastle did with Pongia I suspect he will sign with us. Brooks will depend on how much is left and whether signing him will cost us too many other part players ( I don't know who else is off contract)

* Will Taylor be resigned? Yes, because we will either be playing good and he will have earned it or if we are shit and/or have lost some of the big names no one better will want the job

* Will Idris be a success? Given his contract he will be, it would be pretty hard not to be but I expect him to have a big impact

* Which rookies will debut? hopefully not many, if we a debuting any more than 2 or 3 players this year it wont be looking good

* Where will we finish? Given our only ever finals appearances have been 3rd or 4th I will go with 4th

* Who will be our top try scorer? If healthy it is hard to go past Teddy