What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skyrim

TheVelourFog

First Grade
gave it a go in the Beta but bounced off it pretty hard

haven't been tempted to go back

co-op in a regular Elder Scrolls game is all I want

Storm13

Juniors
Trying to complete a dungeon quest with twenty other players running around really takes the enjoyment out of the game.

Parra Pride

Coach
It's alright, most console players don't seem like they can push through into the veteran content. Coldharbour was basically a ghost town, and I've seen two other players running around in the Aldmeri Dominion areas.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I want to like it, but so far I've found it just unenjoyable. It's graphically quite stunning for an MMO, but the combat is clunky and I found the number of people to be more off-putting than enjoyable.

Bring on Elder Scrolls VI.

I think I'll give it a pass.

Something tells me ES VI won't be out for quite some time with FO4 only being released this year. Probably 2017 at the earliest.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd agree if Fallout's settings weren't so depressingly the same all over. It was also Skyrim's biggest weakness: snow, snow, and more snow.

Can't say it's terribly exciting to get to explore a part of the US that is eerily close to the setting of Fallout 3 geographically.

It's not like there's a whole world out there we could have been exploring...

roc107

Juniors
Fallout is better than Elder Scrolls anyway, so it's all good.

Mis nailed it. The same setting in every damn game. It's so samey that they changed the whole genre in number 3 to try and spice things up. And, from the looks of the trailer, they've integrated the equivalent of the Sims into 4 so we don't notice that it's just the same game again.

Mis nailed it. The same setting in every damn game. It's so samey that they changed the whole genre in number 3 to try and spice things up. And, from the looks of the trailer, they've integrated the equivalent of the Sims into 4 so we don't notice that it's just the same game again.
I'm not a fan of the Sims 4 shit in it, seems like it'll be such a chore.

perverse

Referee
lol.. "Sims 4 shit"...

The base-building in Fallout 4 is clearly and obviously influenced by the wave of PC survival games - which in turn were largely influenced by Minecraft and DayZ, not the Sims 4.