What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater out of SOO 1

Johnny King

Juniors
Slater's been ruled out of the first game of SOO. Ponga and Milford added to the team. Who will they play at fullback? What does this do to NSW chances of winning the first game? With Smith, Cronk, Thurston and now Slater out this has to be the best chance NSW have had to win a series in years.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Milford can play fullback, Ponga can play fullback, Inglis can play fullback, Morgan can play fullback, Holmes can play fullback. Queensland are pretty well covered for replacement fullbacks.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Posted this in JA and I'll post it here too.

If Queensland had any sense they'd slot Ponga straight into fullback. I don't buy this "he's too young, he hasn't been there before" bullshit. He's one of the best players in the comp right now and he's carrying that entire Knights team on his back. Not to mention he deserves the spot after Billy retires, so they may as well give him the experience at that level now while they can.

Munster shouldn't move to fullback because he's been training at five/eighth since coming into camp. It would throw everything out of balance. Morgan has been poo and has only been playing fullback for 3 rounds. Of all the possible Slater replacements, Ponga is the one that scares me the most as a NSW supporter

The Damo

Juniors
Posted this in JA and I'll post it here too.

If Queensland had any sense they'd slot Ponga straight into fullback. I don't buy this "he's too young, he hasn't been there before" bullshit. He's one of the best players in the comp right now and he's carrying that entire Knights team on his back. Not to mention he deserves the spot after Billy retires, so they may as well give him the experience at that level now while they can.

Munster shouldn't move to fullback because he's been training at five/eighth since coming into camp. It would throw everything out of balance. Morgan has been poo and has only been playing fullback for 3 rounds. Of all the possible Slater replacements, Ponga is the one that scares me the most as a NSW supporter
100%. I hope like hell they leave him out. Play Milford instead Queensland, I dare you.