Slater should be sin binned for taking a dive.

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Frank Facer, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:49 PM.

1. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

I don't think a tackled player should ever be able to benefit from the fact they went down easily in a tackle by getting a quick play the ball.
    Actually the play the ball speed should always be the same.
    The play the ball speed should not be the key to success in attack. If it is the game is unhealthy. The key to success should be great passing and strong running, skilful chip kicks etc.
    The first philosophy of a tackle should be something like "if you got tackled you lost that contest". You don't get a benefit out of that. If you get brought down on first contact by one play you should be that players bitch. He should be able to use you as his puppet. He should be able to pick you up and slap your face like you insulted his mum.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 10:08 AM
  2. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

..... nor picking up soap in the communal showers. Moon River .......

3. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Juniors

True.

The thing I don't get is the inconsistency from the Refs about when they allow a quick tap and when they don't, sometimes they let it happen, sometimes they pull the players up.
    I understand the inside the ten rule, but it happens all over the feild.

4. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG Juniors

Give him an A-League contract.

5. SEAT 1A

SEAT 1A Juniors

Were is Bronwie when you need him.

The NRL won't do a thing to stop MEL. If they have a few disappointing years, you would see a few dire hard fans, a cow bell, lots of seagulls and very happy MEL Dragons crew.

Old Kogarah Boy 1 likes this.
  6. Gareth67

Gareth67 Juniors

Bud - I have absolutely no idea what you are suggesting , do the fellas there sing moon river before bed ? :rolling_eyes:

7. Walpole

Walpole Juniors

I kinda like the idea of the ref calling out "one on one" and the defender then giving the tackled player a clip over the ear.

8. SaintPauli

SaintPauli Juniors

Probably because the NRL and media are cautious of tarnishing a future immortal! I say you cop what you deserve. Slaters fake dives are no different to cricketers tampering with the ball. It's simply cheating. Does Slater really think we can't see what he is doing!

9. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

No, only when they are having a doctors inspection, if you know what l mean and or picking up soap in a congested shower cubicle..... nuff said, l think.

dragonssamy61 and Gareth67 like this.
  10. Gareth67

Gareth67 Juniors

Yes I did have a fair idea OKB1 , but as you said - enough said .

Old Kogarah Boy 1 likes this.
  11. dragons girl

dragons girl Juniors

Did we really expect anything different from the storm?They introduced the grapple, chicken wing and now we have the dive.

SEAT 1A, ouryears, SaintPauli and 3 others like this.
  12. dragons girl

dragons girl Juniors

We all know melbourne are a law unto themselves.Slater is a grub but until the refs stop him doing this crap,melbourne will continue with it and get away with it.Chicken wing,grapple anyone?Took the nrl a long time to stop that crap. Id you have a look at the Dive against Cronulla you can a player in the back ground hold up his hands to indicate 10 in the bin.Joke all round melbourne having trouble winning within the rules make up ur own and cheat.

ouryears, Frank Facer and Gareth67 like this.
  13. BennyV

BennyV Coach

I believe it's dependant on the reason for the penalty. Penalties for off-side or markers not being square do not gain a quick tap. Holding down or interfering with the ruck/play the ball do.

ouryears likes this.
  14. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

I thought one of Slater's lowest acts was putting shit on Corey Paterson and sledging him about his depression. Patterson was quoted as being so depressed that he was picturing his own funeral.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 12:13 PM
    ouryears, Gareth67 and blacksafake like this.
  15. 2010Dragons

2010Dragons Bench

Silly Billy, Ref Cam Smith and to some extent JT are all protected specie.
    They could form a new team the Koala bears and never get penalized. in any games.

16. Gareth67

Gareth67 Juniors

Yes it's certainly a cats world down there at the Storm . Regardless of how many premierships they win , I still cannot see them ever being remembered as a great team like the Saints , Rabbitohs , Tigers etc.

They have brought a most unsavoury element into the game by their continual flouting of the rules , it was not necessary , as they have always had such tremendous players who were more than capable of winning matches and comps. by their sheer ability alone . A bit like pouring salt over ice-cream , it makes you want to vomit .

saintzrule and getsmarty like this.
  17. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

It's definitely a bad look.

Though Lachlan Fitzgibbon was correct to be sinbinned without the dive, he touched him. That just makes the dive even worse though

18. WA 'S OWN RED V

WA 'S OWN RED V Juniors

The NRL should grow a set and get rid of the Melbourne scurge franchise its just more of the same crap from them. Have the done anything fair and square?

ouryears and Gareth67 like this.
  19. Gareth67

Gareth67 Juniors

WA'S OWN RED V , not that I can recall bud , but there is one thing that they have done , and perhaps one of the hardest things imaginable, they have taken away Manly Waringah's title of the most hated team in rugby league .

ouryears likes this.
  20. Smurf

Smurf Juniors

For the first time , in a long time , I am actually looking forward to playing the Storm.
    I hope we smash them !

ouryears and Gareth67 like this.