What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smackdown SuperThread *Spoilers*

Big Pete

Referee
Same as the Raw thread...

SPOILERS

Cody Rhodes def. Matt Hardy

Dolph Ziggler WON the IC Title from Kofi Kingston after some interference from Vickie Guerrero

SES vs. Big Show is announced for Summer Slam

SES def. Chris Masters, JTG and MVP.

Rey Mysterio def. Drew McIntyre

Post match Kane comes out and Rey accuses him of attacking Taker.

Surprise...f**king surprise.

Big Pete

Referee
August 13th Edition...

- Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler is announced for SummerSlam

Kane def. Kofi Kingston via pinfall

Cody Rhodes def. Christian via pinfall

Big Show def. 3 Jobbers

Drew McIntyre def. Matt Hardy

- Alberto Del Rio will debut next week

MVP def. Jack Swagger via roll-up

Rey Mysterio def. Dolph Ziggler

Post Match - Kane attempts to attack Mysterio but fails.

Big Pete

Referee
Thought Smackdown was quite good this week.

Basically, six wrestlers qualified for the the BR team and Taker vs. Kane in a Buried Alive match was announced. Thought a number of the BR qualification matches were quite good, in particular Mysterio vs. Rhodes which was one of Cody's better matches to date.

WTF at Tyler Reks though. Terrible look and terrible on the mic. Does he make up for it in the ring?

Eelementary

Post Whore

Basically, six wrestlers qualified for the the BR team and Taker vs. Kane in a Buried Alive match was announced. Thought a number of the BR qualification matches were quite good, in particular Mysterio vs. Rhodes which was one of Cody's better matches to date.

WTF at Tyler Reks though. Terrible look and terrible on the mic. Does he make up for it in the ring?

Eeew. No. No. Hell no. He's horrible.

What I've seen of Rhodes lately (I don't see SD much anymore) has been pretty impressive. I think he'll have an IC title reign in the next few months.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Rhodes' beauty tip videos have been pretty funny.

Surely Reks will lose his spot to somebody, they could not be serious throwing him in there.

There will probably be changes, remember last year? they loaded the team up with jobbers and new comers, then 2 days out from the PPV replaced the whole team minus Jerishow.

Big Pete

Referee
Edge is No. 1 contender

Ziggler and Bryan had another match.

And McIntyre/Rhodes have officially split and appear to be feuding.

Big Pete

Referee
How odd was the opening of Smackdown? Having the heel interrupt the big heel promo and a face coming to the save of the big heel?

Del Rio is an awesome talent, it's been a good year for new talent. Also I didn't mind the Kaval/Swagger match. The Liger kick Kaval pulled off was pin perfect.

ParraFan09

Juniors
SD has been very good as of late. I really like the sound of Kane vs Edge. also Del Rio and Rey Mysterio could be a good rilvary to watch. Del Rio is very talented. And Ziggler VS Bryan has been great to watch and i can feel a good rilvary coming on there But i get the feeling there goin to unify the US title & the IC title. wich would be bad imo.

Big Pete

Referee
Sounds like a really good Smackdown this week.

Edge retained, Kofi regained his IC title, Dolph is the No. 1 contender, Barrett attacked the Big Show, Del Rio defeated Mysterio and McIntyre could be turning face.

Spoilers suggest it was a great show, apparently all the matches were good.
-Hopefully that ends Edge/Kane, the feud has been painful
-Kofi back as Intercontinental Champ, he really hasn't pushed on at all in the past 12 months, but I guess he does give the strap some cred
-Dolph as #1 contender, I guess it gives him a rub, and something to do for a while and gives Edge a short fued
-Barrett looks to be heading to smackdown, be interesting to see what they do with him there
-Drew face...unsure about that, Drew has lost all his momentum and has gone from one of SDs top heels to a nobody, might make him relevent again I guess
-Del Rio winning is always awesome.