What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmackDown (the game)

Raider_69

Post Whore
i recently brought Smackdown: Here comes the Pain
and i would recomend it to any wretsling fan, top game, much better than previous ones

paulquinn49

Bench
havent got a playstation but i think the best wrestling game is still no mercy on 64, ive played the other games on PS but just didnt like it as much as no mercy

Special K

Coach
The newest smackdown game is probaly the best wrestling game ever. I thought No Mercy was over rated and I think the 2nd best is WCW/NWO Revenge.

Both my favorite games have Ultimo Dragon in them...Hmmm maybe that is a sign :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hulkamanic 36 said:
The newest smackdown game is probaly the best wrestling game ever. I thought No Mercy was over rated and I think the 2nd best is WCW/NWO Revenge.

Both my favorite games have Ultimo Dragon in them...Hmmm maybe that is a sign :lol:

Hey i completly agree, WCW/NWO Revenge was the best wrestling i had played untill Smackdown:HCTP
great game, i loved it, if my 64 still worked i think i would still be playing it

Phillips

Referee
Raider_69 said:
and i would recomend it to any wretsling fan, top game, much better than previous ones

on Smackdown: Here comes the Pain, can you make your own wrestlemania or pay per view matches??

Sharks_fan

Juniors
Hey Shagmop, ive got smackdoen Here comes the pain ( the latest version) if u want it give us a call and ill let u borrow it for a while

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hey Sharks_Fan, join up form the UFW
it will be great fun!

BTW no you cant create PPV's

Special K

Coach
Phillips said:
Raider_69 said:

on Smackdown: Here comes the Pain, can you make your own wrestlemania or pay per view matches??
yeah you can but it is not like on the old WWF Attitude how you booked it all at once, set the ring and stuff. It's just you have to book before each match. So I guess the real answer is no :lol: but you can use the arenas and do a card if you want. You just can't program it into the game

SHAGMOP

Juniors
man i doesnt get much better than No Mercy. ive got a PS2 with one of the smackdown games but its got nothing on No Mercy. No Mercy's moves looked so real, and the because the game time was slower (but more even in frame-rate, one of the downers of the sketchy smackdown series) it ment that you could pull of better combos (eg reverses)

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
played the smackdown games and there very good.

but i went and got a game cube and wrestlemania x8 and x9 are 100% better for moves and smackdowns,wrestlemania 18 is mainly for fans of wrestling as it has no story line in the game.

but the new wrestlemania 19 has a story line and lots of new moves.

my younger bro and his mates all rave about the smackdown games on ps2 but they have all been converted to nintendo for the wrestling games.

problem with wrestlemania 19 is that its only for nintendo cube.

if you get a chance to play the cube,i suggest you give the wrestling a go,as it kills the ps2 smackdown games.

Special K

Coach
I have a cube, xbox and ps2 and I must say that WMX9 is very good but not as good as Smackdown: Here comes the pain. RAW 2 is good once you get used to it but it goes for me SD:5 > X9 > Raw 2

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
in the smackdown games can you do the van-daminator with the chair to the head? with the cube you can but its bloody hard.

also i noticed that with sd the wrestlers get two smackdowns each,is this right?

on the cube the wrestlers have all there sds undertaker has 4 so does the rock some have more but its hard to work them all out at times.stupid thing tho is kane has only 1 on cube but i noticed that he had 2 on smackdown.

Harko

Juniors
They're isn't a wrestling game currently on the market that is better then SD:Here Comes The Pain.

Here Come The Pain is just totally awesome.

A game that has consistently been in my top 3 is WCW/NWO Revenge....I loved that game.

There are a lot of superstars who ain't on Here Comes The Pain but it's pretty easy to create them.