What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Hayne's case won't stand up in court

Anonymous

Juniors
74-4.. 70-10... let me see, what interesting about these scorelines. Thats right, one of them happened just LAST SATURDAY. :lol:
Oh yeah... there's other differences too. Even though we felt gutted, we didn't blamed the ref... we blamed the players. Plus we congratulated the other side for playing a super match.

Amazing how some (not all I hope) Sharks supporters seem to think it's ok lose by 70 because Saints lost by 60 a few a years ago. Work out the logic.
I know the ankle biters have always looked up to us, but now you even need a benchmark to look down to... well never mind, you've set your own benchmarks now.

74-4: The greatest loss for a team since 1935.
37 years and still no premiership... that's one record which is all yours.

dannyboy

Juniors
Willow

I don't think it good to lose by so much & I don't agree with blaming the ref for the players brains (or what amount to such an organ) imploding the way they did. Anderson's continued petulant whinge serves no purpose but to make him look foolish. The score won't be changed. I do believe that the ref didn't control the match well (hence being dropped) but the Sharks were their own worst enemies.

The Dragons losing by 60 points 3 years ago makes no difference to the Sharks losing by 70 points 5 days ago to me. They are both in the past and nothing can be done to change what happened. There is nothing to be gained from playing the 'what if "blah blah" had happened' game. I'm simply pointing out that most clubs (if not all) have matches that they'd much rather forget even if the history books won't.

Anonymous

Juniors
Dean Moriarty said:
It's good to know Dragons fans never whinge about the ref.

Bill Harrigan 1999 GF, anyone? ;-)
LOL. plenty of supporters whinge about referees - it's almost a prerequsite to being a footy fan. But its out of the ordinary to blame the ref for a 70-point flogging.

Anonymous

Juniors
dannyboy said:
Willow

I don't think it good to lose by so much & I don't agree with blaming the ref for the players brains (or what amount to such an organ) imploding the way they did. Anderson's continued petulant whinge serves no purpose but to make him look foolish. The score won't be changed. I do believe that the ref didn't control the match well (hence being dropped) but the Sharks were their own worst enemies.
Agreed. The ref had a shocker, no one is denying that but refs have ordinary games every weekend. And I wasnt singling out any particular supporter for blaming the ref. Just the general consensus from some fans, the club and the coach.
dannyboy said:
The Dragons losing by 60 points 3 years ago makes no difference to the Sharks losing by 70 points 5 days ago to me. They are both in the past and nothing can be done to change what happened. There is nothing to be gained from playing the 'what if "blah blah" had happened' game. I'm simply pointing out that most clubs (if not all) have matches that they'd much rather forget even if the history books won't.
Agreed again.

Except that the 70 point massacre is very much recent history and is current news.

It's even dragging out now with the news today that the Sharks are seeking leave of appeal over Peachey's conviction. You'd think they'd want to forget it like you do - it's hardly going to make any difference now. I guess they're trying to keep Peachey's record clean but I can't see the verdict being overturned.

Plus Ando didn't do anyone favours by harping on about it last night. Thats in todays news as well.

While I'm sure that many Sharks supporters are just like yourself and simply want to put this week behind them, one would have the question the wisdom of your club and coach who are seemingly wanting to drag this out even further.

But chin up, Dannyboy. Its a small mercy but at least the Sharks have two more matches this year to redeem themselves. It would have been worst for you if the 74-4 scoreline happened in round 26 and stayed with you throughout the off-season.

dannyboy

Juniors
Willow

The Sharks play the Dogs in the final round...I think my worst nightmare is still to occur.

Willow said:
Dean Moriarty said:
It's good to know Dragons fans never whinge about the ref.

Bill Harrigan 1999 GF, anyone? ;-)
LOL. plenty of supporters whinge about referees - it's almost a prerequsite to being a footy fan. But its out of the ordinary to blame the ref for a 70-point flogging.

Yes, I agree. I think, from a Sharks perspective, the ref was so frustrating that it has become the main topic of debate. I don't think there are many fans who won't admit that we were poor anyway - how much the performance affected the refereeing and vice versa is a matter of speculation.

We see bad refereeing all the time, and it's part of the game to whinge about it. I think Hayne took "bad" to a new level though.

And I would add, because the poor lambs think they're not getting any credit for it, that the Eels played very well too.