What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So it's a 9.4 million dollar cap

themacemaceman

Juniors
So 9.4 million is better than 9.2. The Bulldogs seem happy but surely $200,000 more than what they could of got isnt going to allow them to keep all the talent they have stockpiled for 2018.

Let the fire sale begin!

There could be a few signings announced across the league now that teams know what they have to spend.

You would think that clubs have deals with players in the pipeline just waiting the final cap figure.

The next week or so could be very interesting.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Now let's see if Mr Richardson and co had a game plan awaiting this news?
I'm still non the wiser,only thing I'm sure of is that it's 600k shy of what the Doggies were hoping for.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So 9.4 million is better than 9.2. The Bulldogs seem happy but surely $200,000 more than what they could of got isnt going to allow them to keep all the talent they have stockpiled for 2018.

Let the fire sale begin!

There could be a few signings announced across the league now that teams know what they have to spend.

You would think that clubs have deals with players in the pipeline just waiting the final cap figure.

The next week or so could be very interesting.
It's 9.2 million plus the 200,000 long player service allowance/youth something or other......

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would be extremely surprised to see us active in the player market.
I feel like banging my head against the wall as we need another back imo..... can't they see this??!????

I'd have loved to have gotten into this ask Solly and Richo event for Round 26 against Parra.

I'd say can't you blokes see we need another back and prop????? Thousands of us members can see it and why can't they..............

If we get injuries with the depth we currently have we are f**ked.......

In 2012, 2013 I remember we had very strong depth at the Bears. Currently we just don't have that...........

I'm firing up here STID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I feel like banging my head against the wall as we need another back imo..... can't they see this??!????

I'd have loved to have gotten into this ask Solly and Richo event for Round 26 against Parra.

I'd say can't you blokes see we need another back and prop????? Thousands of us members can see it and why can't they..............

In 2012, 2013 I remember we had very strong depth at the Bears. Currently we just don't have that...........

All I want for Christmas is an outside back R20. Maguire rejected Roberts so I hope we have someone better in line.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well

I've just lost my wish of signing Rona,he's been named for the Wallabies,he's pay packet has just increased considerably!

Rona was never gonna leave union and even if he did it'd only be for his old club Canterbury. I still think Beale is an option. You could move graham to centre next year.

Itsamansgame

Juniors

I feel ya brother,I'm still effen filthy that Walker and Brown are not wearing the Rabbit on their hearts!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah that was a really dumb move letting brown go. Is the salary cap to blame for that one?
Well as I have discussed before we kept Clark over him.

As much as I love Clarky I'd say he's on about 200k.

I believe Parra gave Brown 180k but obviously they'll up that very soon....

Anyway if we let Clark go and offered that 200k to Brown we probably could've kept him........

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well as I have discussed before we kept Clark over him.

As much as I love Clarky I'd say he's on about 200k.

I believe Parra gave Brown 180k but obviously they'll up that very soon....

Anyway if we let Clark go and offered that 200k to Brown we probably could've kept him........

I get where your coming from but do you really think Maguire was going to put a premiership veteran out of employment? I think maguire's biggest problem as a coach is that he has an emotional attachment to the players he won a grand final with.

I think realistically we offered brown what we could because of poor contract negotiations leaving us with little cap space. God Reynolds and the twins are really costing us now.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I get where your coming from but do you really think Maguire was going to put a premiership veteran out of employment? I think maguire's biggest problem as a coach is that he has an emotional attachment to the players he won a grand final with.

I think realistically we offered brown what we could because of poor contract negotiations leaving us with little cap space. God Reynolds and the twins are really costing us now.
I do get where you're coming from too....

But do you really think we were so tight on our cap that we couldn't double Brown' 100k contract we offered???.. I reckon we had a bit of wriggle room and if we wanted too we could've kept him. A dumb dumb decision and I knew it'd hurt us....

Rabbits20

Immortal
How much is Adam on Souths til I die???

Is it about the 700k mark???...

If we didn't pay Adam a good amount other clubs would swoop so we kind of have had no choice....