What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So it's a 9.4 million dollar cap

Travitoh

First Grade
We've let some good players go in the past but that's where it belongs now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing yet useless at the same time.
GGM would be a good in, add some genuine pace to the backline at a decent price. Hopefully Burns has a good preseason too. His last game was pretty good and i believe he has the potential to be a genuine first grade player.
First thing i would like to see though now that the cap is finalised is Crichton's signature. For me that is the most important bit of business for the club.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I do get where you're coming from too....

But do you really think we were so tight on our cap that we couldn't double Brown' 100k contract we offered???.. I reckon we had a bit of wriggle room and if we wanted too we could've kept him. A dumb dumb decision and I knew it'd hurt us....

I honestly believe we were so tight on the cap. Otherwise it would've been stupid player management. Richo has come out and said that our salary cap has been a problem for the past few years.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
How much is Adam on Souths til I die???

Is it about the 700k mark???...

If we didn't pay Adam a good amount other clubs would swoop so we kind of have had no choice....

Yeah about 700k. I get that and we couldn't of predicted such a massive form drop either but it's really coming back to bite us.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We've let some good players go in the past but that's where it belongs now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing yet useless at the same time.
GGM would be a good in, add some genuine pace to the backline at a decent price. Hopefully Burns has a good preseason too. His last game was pretty good and i believe he has the potential to be a genuine first grade player.
First thing i would like to see though now that the cap is finalised is Crichton's signature. For me that is the most important bit of business for the club.

2 things.

1. GGM hasn't seen much first grade this year because his discipline and defence is extremely poor. Yes he is an attacking weapon but he leaks tries like crazy. Don't really want him tbh.

2. I completely agree. Souths need to be locking up musgrove, Crichton, Murray, Fuimaono especially. Give the other juniors another year to prove themselves and decide from there. Still not convinced burns and Jennings have showed enough. Really keen to see Johnstone at prop next year. He represented Queensland U20's this year and has been a power house up front. Graham should also be given time to develop.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A half back that has played state of origin and won a premiership thats under 28 years old. plus the guy has a golden boot kicking goals from all over the padlock. ill take that for $700k any day.

Yeah you're completely right. He is also a halfback with one of the worst kicking games in the comp right now and will never run the ball. The only thing he has brought to the team this year is goal kicking. Very little repeat sets, 1 40/20, inefficient kicks that go straight to the oppositions back 3. Reynolds is one of the worst halfbacks in the competition right now. Don't even get me started about kicks out on the full. Reynolds is playing no better than josh mccrone yet is being paid triple his salary...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What's the alternative though???...

There isn't one and I really like AR even though he's been struggling....

Mate I love AR as well but the fact of the matter is that he isn't playing well. The Burgess twins are constantly shit on by Souths supporters so AR shouldn't be immune to criticism. AR is one of the multiple reasons for Souths having such a poor season.

Walker has been the much better half this year and has actually deserved an upgrade. I would like to see walker pass and kick a bit more however.

Pommy

Coach
I feel like banging my head against the wall as we need another back imo..... can't they see this??!????

I'd have loved to have gotten into this ask Solly and Richo event for Round 26 against Parra.

I'd say can't you blokes see we need another back and prop????? Thousands of us members can see it and why can't they..............

If we get injuries with the depth we currently have we are f**ked.......

In 2012, 2013 I remember we had very strong depth at the Bears. Currently we just don't have that...........

I'm firing up here STID!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you want Ricoh to do? You can't build a team in one window if the funds are not there, the alternative is you bring in another player who isn't up to it and eats in to the budget for the following year preventing you from bringing in better players
The squad is a bit of a mess and can't be fixed overnight.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
R20 I'm pretty sure Richo came out and said that we are relying on our juniors. I'd say we probably need 1 prop at 1 back as the situation stands. Only prop on the open market that i like is Paasi. Only back that I like is Beale. Rest of the players are on the open market for a reason. If I was recruitment those would be my main targets. Depth is hard because you need your juniors to really step up. You can't recruit amazing depth because then you take quality away from the 17. Which every team needs. Storm have the perfect system.

Pommy

Coach
I think Leigh are going to get dumped from the SL anyway so I wouldn't be shocked if Goodwin was resigned.

Pommy

Coach
I can't imagine it wouldn't it's a big loss in revenue between the two leagues and I'm not sure Bryson would want to drop to that level, with Toronto and Toulouse in the championship next season promotion back to the SL wouldn't even be close to a sure thing for Leigh.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I can't imagine it wouldn't it's a big loss in revenue between the two leagues and I'm not sure Bryson would want to drop to that level, with Toronto and Toulouse in the championship next season promotion back to the SL wouldn't even be close to a sure thing for Leigh.

Well hopefully Souths do make a 2 year offer. Only player better than him on the market is Beale.

Pommy

Coach
Well hopefully Souths do make a 2 year offer. Only player better than him on the market is Beale.

I'm not sure he should be getting a two year deal.
If he got another year I wouldn't be disappointed and then we could look at the market again in 12 months time.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm not sure he should be getting a two year deal.
If he got another year I wouldn't be disappointed and then we could look at the market again in 12 months time.

Well I mean who cares if he gets a 2 year deal anyway. Unless he's on big money I doubt he would be that upset playing for the bears.