What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So ladies....

Red Bear

Referee
sorry, im a bad speller.
When did North Sydney sell itself off. Oh yeah, the administrator sold us off to the merger, against the wishes of the members of the football club. But we currently are still our own club we just dont compete in first grade currently.
WTF are you talking about Dimitri when you say we looked at our own interests as well as staying loyal to the arl? Both Souths and Norths stayed loyal to the ARL so that argument has no merit. Souths brought the game back to the people for the reinstatement of a great club. At least they had the guts to stand on their own instead of going down the merged path like the Dragons, who killed themselves and murdered the Steelers.

GoTheBears said:
sorry, im a bad speller.
When did North Sydney sell itself off. Oh yeah, the administrator sold us off to the merger, against the wishes of the members of the football club. But we currently are still our own club we just dont compete in first grade currently.
WTF are you talking about Dimitri when you say we looked at our own interests as well as staying loyal to the arl? Both Souths and Norths stayed loyal to the ARL so that argument has no merit. Souths brought the game back to the people for the reinstatement of a great club. At least they had the guts to stand on their own instead of going down the merged path like the Dragons, who killed themselves and murdered the Steelers.

GTB,

Do you realise that you keep contradicting yourself?

Red Bear

Referee
Seems like it seeing as the Bears also merged but the difference is St George couldve gone on the way they were but instead chose to kill their club in first grade and merge, whereas the North Sydney members lost their voice wen the administrator came in and the club was merged and murdered for a coupla years, even tho the members didnt want that to happen. And the Bears are still alive, they are just dead to First Grade currently , but they will return.

drake

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
sorry, im a bad speller.
Souths brought the game back to the people for the reinstatement of a great club.
Obviously by ground attendances the people really don't give a f**k.
But they buy car stickers and cry in front of cameras.

STG03

Juniors
I have seen heaps of those 'souths were back' stickers on cars and trucks.
If the majority of these supposed fans attended the games, souths would have huge crowds.

As for the bears, there just a memory. You can read about them in various 1999 big league footy magazines. :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Seems like it seeing as the Bears also merged but the difference is St George couldve gone on the way they were but instead chose to kill their club in first grade and merge, whereas the North Sydney members lost their voice wen the administrator came in and the club was merged and murdered for a coupla years, even tho the members didnt want that to happen. And the Bears are still alive, they are just dead to First Grade currently , but they will return.
Like I said, your ignorance is showing.
Why do you think the administrators were called in?

drake

First Grade
Look all spite aside, I felt bad when the bears were ejected. I didn't feel as bad for the steelers, because they still had a foot in the league. But it is a reality that top grade Rugby League is now a business, but one that is restricted by the amount of paying supporters. The comp has been restricted in size, as to not duplicate the farcical times of super league.

Quite simply; not enough people go to games for the NRL to feel confident in allowing too many teams in the comp. We are a country that has a diminishing sport following population, and with the televisation of every game, people just aren't going. Not to mention that AFL has taken the state with most rabid followers (you can call 'em what you want, but bloody Victorians would flock in droves to watch 2 flies bonk at the MCG)

If you look at all big business the bottom line is the $. It ain't nice, and it ain't like the old days when you could leave your doors unlocked, but it's reality. The NRL made a selection criteria to play in the professional league that was created from the remnants of SL and ARL. And south supporters are merely reinforcing the NRLs decision to eject them.
The business is Sports Entertainment. Do you think many companies would still exist if the only product they sold in large numbers was car stickers?
Go the Bears: honour the dead, live in reality. Norths are gone for the forseeable future. If you love the game, watch it and enjoy. If it's bitter ashes...well I suppose you could waste your time spewing crap in the forums of a team that rode the wave, evolved, adapted and survived.

GoTheBears said:

Yep, still contradicting yourself. Come back when you get a glue, eh?

Red Bear

Referee
As i have already stated, Norths didnt want to kill themselves, they were forced to by the administrator, also very few Bears fans supported the merger, they didnt enjoy watching their club being murdered. St George members and board Chose to kill themselves, although they couldve easily stayed afloat. They had a choice and took the easy way out. North Sydney were prepared to take the hard way but lost their voice when the administrator came in.

Red Bear

Referee
Norths : A foundation club. A new ground, new stadium, shonky contractors and lots of rain. That is all it took to f**k them up forever. They were homeless in 1999, isolated from their fans and in debt all because they too believed in the News Ltd cryteria and paid the price. A competitive club throughout the 90s, they deserved much better. But to their credit they still have a pulse.

compared to this

St George : established in 1921. Died 1998. Competitive from day 1. Produced many legends, holds the longest ever grand final winning streak of 11 titles. 15 in all. Extremely competitive in the last years of the clubs life, appearing in the 92, 93, and 96 grand finals. Threw it all away for $$ and self-interest of certain individuals.

(source: Rugby League Dead Club Society)

Anonymous

Juniors
GTB, I know that on forums people often spin a yarn from time to time, so I'm going to ask; do you really believe all that crap?

Why do you REALLY think the administrators were called in? No fairy tales - a real answer please.

Red Bear

Referee
The administrators were brought in because the Bears had a 6.5 million dollar debt. No Bullshit, just an honest answer there. I knew that all along, the point i wass trying to make was that despite this Bears members still wanted stand alone status, only they lost their voice because of the debt and the administrator.

GoTheBears said:
As i have already stated, Norths didnt want to kill themselves, they were forced to by the administrator, also very few Bears fans supported the merger, they didnt enjoy watching their club being murdered. St George members and board Chose to kill themselves, although they couldve easily stayed afloat. They had a choice and took the easy way out. North Sydney were prepared to take the hard way but lost their voice when the administrator came in.

Yep, wrong again.

lol I'm not even going to point out your mistakes, I'd rather leave you there scratching your head.

Buzz Boy

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Norths : A foundation club. A new ground, new stadium, shonky contractors and lots of rain. That is all it took to f**k them up forever. They were homeless in 1999, isolated from their fans and in debt all because they too believed in the News Ltd cryteria and paid the price. A competitive club throughout the 90s, they deserved much better. But to their credit they still have a pulse.

compared to this

St George : established in 1921. Died 1998. Competitive from day 1. Produced many legends, holds the longest ever grand final winning streak of 11 titles. 15 in all. Extremely competitive in the last years of the clubs life, appearing in the 92, 93, and 96 grand finals. Threw it all away for $$ and self-interest of certain individuals.

Ahhh... the Dead Club Society, a reputable source if ever there was one.

You'll be quoting Aussie Post and the Daily Telegraph next. :lol:

Bunny Boy

Juniors
WHATS IT LIKE TO BE MERGED SCUM ?
WHATS IT LIKE TO BE MERGED SCUM?
WHATS IT LIKE TO
WHATS IT LIKE TO
WHATS IT LIKE TO BE MERGED SCUM ??????????

SOLD YOUR SOULS !!!!!! SCUM !!!!!!!

izzo

Juniors
Willow said:
1982 - St George 9-7 at Redfern Oval.
1983 - St George 28-10 at Redfern Oval.
1984 - South Sydney 24-6 at Redfern Oval.
1985 - St George 10-8 at Redfern Oval.
1986 - St George 12-0 at Redfern Oval.
1987 - St George 28-14 at Redfern Oval.
1988 - South Sydney 30-6 at Redfern Oval.
1989 - South Sydney 20-16 at SFS.
1990 - Drawn 10-all at SFS.
1991 - Drawn 16-all at SFS.
1992 - South Sydney 21-20 at SFS.
1993 - St George 10-8 at SFS.
1994 - St George 14-11 at SFS.
1995 - St George 18-10 at SFS.
1996 - St George 30-6 at SFS.
1997 - St George 26-18 at SFS.
1998 - St George 14-4 at SFS.
1999 - South Sydney 16-14 at SFS.
2002 - Drawn 20-all at Aussie Stadium.
2003 - St George 28-10 at Aussie Stadium.

In all, there have been 20 Charity Shields with the honours going to St George 12, Souths 5 and three draws.

im not sure that the St. George Dragons have won 12? just double check to see if your adding the victory from another club to it???

Anonymous

Juniors
Buzz Boy said:
GoTheBears said:

compared to this

Ahhh... the Dead Club Society, a reputable source if ever there was one.

You'll be quoting Aussie Post and the Daily Telegraph next. :lol:
I thought I'd seen that crap somewhere before. Well spotted Buzz.

In simple terms, it's a cynical excuse for a website and a badly researched one at that. I sent them an email last year pointing out a number of contradictions... I never did get a reply. How wonderful it must be to set yourself up as an authority on something that you know bugger all about. The laughable thing is that some poor sods actually take this mob seriously.

GTB, rule of thumb: either use your own words or quote your source. By plagiarising to try and make a point, you lose all crediblity.

GoTheBears said:
well i had everything to post but it fudged up so i'll post it tomorrow
I'm not surprised you're fudging :lol: :lol: ...
GTB, you seem like a nice enough person. My advice is that you quit while you're only a mile behind.

I have nothing against Norths (or Souths for that matter) - I sincerely hope to see both clubs succeed and give something back to their fans. But the modern competition dictates a harder and more realistic road. I concur with Drake's earlier post.

Latest posts