What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So LFC aren't the only ones with racist fans?

How come magpie didn't bring this to our attention over the weekend?

Man Utd fan Howard Hobson guilty of racial abuse

A Manchester United fan has been banned from football matches for three years for shouting racist abuse at a Stoke City player during a match.
Howard Hobson of Weaver Walk, Openshaw, Manchester, was at Old Trafford for the game against Stoke on 31 January.
Trafford Magistrates Court heard he directed comments to Kenwyne Jones, a player who originates from Trinidad.
Hobson, 57, pleading guilty to a single charge of a racially-aggravated public order offence.
He told the court he was " deeply sorry", adding he was "not racist".
Eileen Rogers, prosecuting, told the court Hobson's behaviour was brought to the attention of club stewards at the match by a witness sitting near the defendant in the North Stand.
"During the first half, every time the Stoke City player Kenwyne Jones was tackled, or went down with injury, all of a sudden he heard voices shouting," she said.
'Branded a racist' After the half-time interval when Hobson returned to his seat he was spoken to by stewards and taken away and then transferred to a police station in Salford.
Hobson, who is not a season ticket holder at Old Trafford, told officers he had come to the match straight from his job as a fork lift truck driver and drank four bottles of beer, but was not drunk.
He admitted making some comments about the Stoke player "in the heat of the moment" and accepted he used offensive words.
The 57-year-old said he could not remember using some of the words, but accepted what the witness had reported him as saying.
Rachel Goode, mitigating, said Hobson was "extremely embarrassed" by his behaviour.
"He has serious concerns he will lose his job as a result of this," she told the court.
"He has family and friends of mixed race and he's now branded a racist."
Hobson was fined £200 and ordered to pay a £15 victim surcharge and £85 court costs.
The football banning order means he is not allowed to enter a football ground in England and Wales for three years or he could be arrested. He must also surrender his passport when England play internationals abroad.
LINK

Klanfield
Scum
etc...

I expect to see our resident Xenophobe exhibiting the same anti-racism sentiments towards his own supporter base.

HowHigh

Coach
Oh thats just scum, they should make United play at Old Trafford with an empty crowd

WireMan

Bench
He doesn't watch any sport in the UK, but he thinks he is an expert.

Sam Obst is dominating super league in the other part of the forum...

Good to see he was shopped in by a fellow fan. Kicking Racism out and all that...

WireMan

Bench
The same dudes that don't watch BL telling me I don't watch UK garbage smh

Yup, i don't really watch BL anymore just catch the odd game, and i'm saying you clealy don't watch sport in the UK but think your an expert.
The implication being you have NFI if you didn't work that out the first time i said it.

Glad we cleared that up. ;-)

I watch the BL on setanta sports and its rubbish

You dont watch the EPL but you see fit to judge it with out watching it

hypocrite much

I had the priviledge of watching Bayern play while I was in Germany. While I admit I'm not all that schooled up on the BL, it's just as exciting as the EPL or La Liga to watch.

On topic, the bloke deserved what he got.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No sensible person said LFC are the ONLY ones with racist fans. But this logic that suggests that because they're not the only ones, they shouldn't be criticized is stupid.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Just because MUFC has it's share of lowlife scum, doesn't mean LFC deserves to get a pass for some of the questionable actions of the club itself, their fans and their players.

Tommax25

Bench
Sounds like he regretted and apologised for his actions and has accepted the punishment without protest, unlike a certain person and a certain club I know...

Big Sam

First Grade
This doesn't fall into the category of racist fans but it is an further example of scum supporters:

Chelsea 'embarrassed' by fans

Chelsea accused a section of their support of "embarrassing" the club by not observing the silence in memory of the Hillsborough disaster ahead of their FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.

The Blues issued a statement condemning the behaviour of "a very small minority of fans" before their 5-1 win over Tottenham.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Chelsea Football Club is extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans embarrassed the club today by not honouring the moment's silence before kick-off.

"Chelsea FC believes all moments of respect should be honoured and today we pay our full respects to all those that suffered as a result of the Hillsborough disaster 23 years ago."

A small number of Chelsea fans chanted during the silence, a mark of respect to the 96 Liverpool fans who died at Hillsborough during an FA Cup semi-final between the Reds and Nottingham Forest.

Other fans booed the disruptive group when the silence, also in memory of Livorno's Piermario Morosini, was over. Morosini died on Saturday after collapsing on the pitch during his side's game with Pescara.

Liverpool's last-four clash with Everton took place on Saturday to avoid be played on the anniversary of the disaster.

Chelsea's interim manager Roberto Di Matteo was disappointed with the fans' actions.

He said: "We are extremely disappointed that a minority, or just a few, decided to speak or sing during the minute's silence and not respect it. We are disappointed."

It is understood that Chelsea will work with Wembley and the Football Association to try to identify the fans responsible.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...rassed'-by-fans'-behaviour-at-wembley?cc=3436

Dog act. Even City's supporters shut up for the 50th anniversary of Munich.