What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so saints dont treat 7's seriously either

millersnose

Post Whore
what an ordinary side you guys picked

i cant blame you i think the world 7's is a total farce

but what do the fans think about their club not treating this competition with any respect?

dimitri

First Grade
whats wrong with the side?

they have chosen some young guys with pace?

we have respect for the 7's we are just a little more cautious after last year

Southernsaint

Staff member
After losing Barrett last season, I think the squad picked for this years Sevens is a decent mix of youth & experience.

I mean, it's actually taking place before the trials, how can the NRL expect every club to pick full strength squads?? Especially considering how we fared after last years event...

There's no rule that says you must pick your best squad for what is essentially the one day cricket of the Rugby League calender...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm pretty sure the injury to Barrett had a big influence on this but at the end of the day, its a different game. The comparison to One Day cricket is right. You dont see the same team for Test cricket.
In RL 7s, you pick the fastest players off the mark as well as the best sprinters.
Unfortunately, keeping star players on ice for the 13-a-side game is part and parcel of the game.

SaintTPP

First Grade
I'm glad that we haven't risked all any of our star players apart from Tingha, but why would we leave him out when he will thrive in games like that. I think our team isn't that bad, its full of youthful guys and there's also a couple with a experience.

alive103

Juniors
I think we have picked a very quick side ideally suited for Sevens.

I may have a small wager on us considering our pool is made up of clubs not taking it seriously either, you never know what may happen.