What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who are we chasing for 2019?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Taupau should be our number 1 target. I love the idea of a prop rotation of Vaughan, Taupau, Graham and Latimore, with Lucky playing prop in the ISP. Moving Frizell to prop and bringing in Host is another option.
I forgot about Pangai Junior still being unsigned for next year. I think he should be our number 1 target. I made a thread up about Pangai being off contract months ago and he is still unsigned. I know that there would be a lot of competition for his signature, but we should be in the race.

Either Pangai or Taupau would be great signings.

There are reports that we have been looking at super league for a prop. I think we would be, if we even were looking at a backup for Hunt. That person would not have a decent chance for a first grade spot.
Last night showed that our young forwards are there about being ready for first grade. We should be looking in house. There are more then enough players in the junior ranks that will make the grade in the future

And that's my line of thinking on this too. I'd go forwards over backs for signatures at the moment - overseas could present value.

Loss of Leeson Ah Mau will be felt. Great impact off the bench but could easily play as a starter.

I'd mentioned a while ago a left-field pick could be Pauli Pauli. He's on a one-year contract in the SL, enormous lad, still only 23. Had bad luck with that Car Crash at the Knights. If he seriously wanted another shot at the NRL I reckon it wouldn't cost us much and great potential - was a weapon at Parra in his early days and if Saints could get him fit (which they've done well with the squad this year) and his attitude right (refer James Graham signing/impact on forwards...) I think it's worth a shot.

Agree with the sentiment around Tapau & Pangai Junior too.

Is there a link/thread to players off-contract and when in the NRL somewhere to refer too? (sorry if obviously in LU somewhere, can't be @arsed trying to find it..).

RedVDragon

Juniors
Anyone hear the news we are considering BMoz? The grubs have huge problems with their cap. He has a better chance of winning another GF with us than with the grubs. Not sure if I would want him back?

Anyone hear the news we are considering BMoz? The grubs have huge problems with their cap. He has a better chance of winning another GF with us than with the grubs. Not sure if I would want him back?

No, no, no and no.
Josh was forced out, Brett left of his own accord and then started making out with his Bulldogs emblem, he must have caught something from that.

I forgot about Pangai Junior still being unsigned for next year. I think he should be our number 1 target. I made a thread up about Pangai being off contract months ago and he is still unsigned. I know that there would be a lot of competition for his signature, but we should be in the race.

Either Pangai or Taupau would be great signings.

Makes you wonder, with all the other quality props being snapped up or extended lately why no one is showing an interest in Pangai?

Taupau will end up at the Roosters, they still have a million left in thier cap you know.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Makes you wonder, with all the other quality props being snapped up or extended lately why no one is showing an interest in Pangai?

Taupau will end up at the Roosters, they still have a million left in thier cap you know.
I am sure that there is quite a lot of interest in Pangai. Earlier in the season, there were reports that Pangai had agreed to stay in Brisbane, but he still hasn't officially signed with them. There were also reports that Easts, Newcastle and Cronulla were all chasing his signature. I hope that we are in the race for his signature too. Maybe he is leaving, but doesn't want to announce it until later in the season? He can play prop, lock or secondrow very well. He has a good passing game, he has a good offload, he runs hard and he is improving.

Bench
I read that Parramatta are being linked to both of them. They can have them

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would be wrapped for us to get B Morris back for one year. A backline of

1 Dufty
2 B Morris
3 Lomax
4 Aitken or Lafai
5 McDonald
6 Widdop
7 Hunt

Would do me fine for next year. Morris could win another premiership with us next year. I would still be looking for another centre to replace either Aitken or Lafai. Maybe Marsters could be good enough and ready by 2020?

We have seen Farrah and Hodkinson both return to their original clubs this year, B Morris would continue the trend.

Gareth67

First Grade

Loved the bloke when he was a Dragon , we don't want to see another great player similar to Nightingale slowly lose his speed and skill .

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
If im Lomax, Herbert, Garrick, Masters etc, i would be pissed off he we signed BMorris, i would be looking to leave, Nightingale wing postion is the access into 1st grade, if thats taken by BMorris, they have no chance, Aitken, Lafai, Widdop, Hunt are all signed up for the next 3 years +, Nene , Dufty wont be dropped anytime soon and Mann will be in the 17 as well, when these guys get clubs giving them a clear pathway into 1st grade they will go, Lomax and Herbert are ready for 1st grade now...

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
I honestly believe we should go after Cotric
I'd love to see cotric in a red V, but it's an unrealistic dream. Even if the Raiders don't throw the chequebook at him, there will be plenty of other clubs in the running for him.

I also think his future will be at fullback, and dufty looks to have sewn up the fullback role for at least the next few years.