What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so who we gunna play in the GF and how munch are we gunna win by.

After our seemingly good run so far - we now have fuggen Souths breathing down our necks
Only for a Raiders last minute try the pricks would have been 3rd and we'd have been 4th!
If all their Ogres stay fit, this mob will be there in the finals:shock:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
After our seemingly good run so far - we now have fuggen Souths breathing down our necks
Only for a Raiders last minute try the pricks would have been 3rd and we'd have been 4th!
If all their Ogres stay fit, this mob will be there in the finals:shock:

For the youngsters on here who may not know that this is what happened to us in 1978, what he has left out is that we were without 2 players in the first game & 6 players for the replay.
In context, it would be like us taking the filed this year in the first game without Gal & Jezza(Pierce & Kneen) then after drawing the game losing Gibbs, Best, Graham & Degois as well.

Foz

Bench
Dane Sorenson missed the Grand Finals Reefy.
Kneen collected Geoff Foster I think in the last premiership game (one of the Wests forwards)and Sorenson got sent and missed the finals.(mistaken identity or Kneen was just lucky he didnt go as well).
Pierce got sent in the semi against Wests and we still won.
John Gray was the only Manly guy missing I think.
In the replay you can add Mullane,Mcmartin and Andrews to Pierce and Sorenson.Thought there were 7 changes from the Saturday to the Tuesday but cant remember them all.

Quigs

Immortal
Dane Sorenson missed the Grand Finals Reefy.
Kneen collected Geoff Foster I think in the last premiership game (one of the Wests forwards)and Sorenson got sent and missed the finals.(mistaken identity or Kneen was just lucky he didnt go as well).
Pierce got sent in the semi against Wests and we still won.
John Gray was the only Manly guy missing I think.
In the replay you can add Mullane,Mcmartin and Andrews to Pierce and Sorenson.Thought there were 7 changes from the Saturday to the Tuesday but cant remember them all.

Reply - No further evidence to offer your worship

p-76-7.jpg

p-87-2.jpg

p-87-3.jpg

Foz

Bench
One other thing from 1978 was we had signed Kurt Sorenson.
We had to sit him on the sideline for the year because of some international transfer rule.
He wouldve been handy that year.

Quigs

Immortal
Re: so who we gunna play in the GF and how munch are we gunna win by.

"I'm just waiting down here at North Cronulla" said this tired old man.

Shuffling his feet through the pristine sand he turned and stared eastward. It was a routine he had perfected. Afterall, he had now done this for four decades plus.

With squinting eyes, he said in a low hushed tone, "I'm going to ask Harold when he swims ashore"

With his eyes still fixed to the distant horizon and as though speaking to himself he muttered, "Back in 78 I thought I spotted Harold swimming this way".

The minutes then passed, staring, humming, staring, shaking.

Clenching his fist and looking towards the Heavens he screamed "Farkkkk you Hartley........Farkkkkk You and Farkkkkkkkkkkk Arthurson too"

Foz

Bench
I think Harold was trying to get in the front gate when Rogers field goal just missed with a few minutes to go in the first game Quiggs.
He was that disgusted there was no extra time he went back for another dip after the first one and wasnt around for the replay.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
First grand final team Mick Mullane, Rick Bourke, Steve Rogers (c), Dave Chamberlin, Steve Edmonds, Barry Andrews, Steve Hansard, John Glossop, Eric Archer, Steve Kneen, Gary Stares, John McMartin, Paul Khan. Replacement: Rowland Beckett. Reserves: Martin Raftery, Peter Ryan
Missing Dane Sorenson Greg Pierce(C)

Replay team
Rick Bourke, Chris Gardner, Steve Rogers, David Chamberlain, Steve Edmonds, Martin Raferty, Steve Hansard, John Glossop, Eric Archer, Steve Kneen, Peter Ryan, Roland Beckett, Paul Khan, Coach: Norm Provan

missing panda,stares, pierce, sorenson(although his suspension was over), mullane

One other was missing from an injury earlier in the year. Sux was also at the club but he was understudy to Hansard & Panda.

Since 73

First Grade
Will be either Tigs, Manly, Bris or melbourne.

Rest are crap.

I'd love us to be the first team to beat the friggen Broncs in the GF.

Sorry Quigs.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Can we bury this thread please?

This wasnt a fluff thread, more a mock. No link was posted though (but)....

We did alright that year just quietly. If ASADA didnt pop off I might have been King of Pop by now. 73 made me nervous.

Might start looking at auditions after we win the comp this year.

Latest posts