What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer World Cup

Quigs

Immortal
arhhhhh couldn't give a shit really. They remind me of the aussie swimming team. They win everything in the papers and on the tele well before the big day but when it comes to the real deal they play like a 54th ranked team.

Yeah ummm well yeah,

shaggs

Coach
Yay we won. Get on the train. The real
Footballers of Australia are off to the true World Cup. Every other sport is Mickey Mouse .

YTSharks

Juniors
Great atmosphere through the tv.
Especially loved when the crowd booed the bloke going down injured like he had been shot

Quigs

Immortal
Watched about 5 minutes of the game. Was about 15 minutes into the first half. We had a throw in up near their 18 yard line (thats what we used to call it back in my Kirrawee Kangaroo days), well I watched as our blokes tap kick it to one another all the way back into our own half and then one of the defenders kicked it 30 metres back to the goalie.

I watched as they then went onto the attack from back in our own area. They tapped it to one another all the way back up to the 18 yard line and then tapped it all the way back to the safety of our own half annnnnd then a bloke kicked it back 30 metres to the goalie.

My excitement level then kicked in and I got up and went out onto the front deck of my house and had a noice cup of tea with a mate who had called in to visit me at my Tora Bora Cave.

Yayyy we won.

I reckon us in the sookarh WC is like following Lebanon in the League WC. Youse know you are in the WC but youse know you 'ain't going to go to far'.

Watched about 5 minutes of the game. Was about 15 minutes into the first half. We had a throw in up near their 18 yard line (thats what we used to call it back in my Kirrawee Kangaroo days), well I watched as our blokes tap kick it to one another all the way back into our own half and then one of the defenders kicked it 30 metres back to the goalie.

I watched as they then went onto the attack from back in our own area. They tapped it to one another all the way back up to the 18 yard line and then tapped it all the way back to the safety of our own half annnnnd then a bloke kicked it back 30 metres to the goalie.

My excitement level then kicked in and I got up and went out onto the front deck of my house and had a noice cup of tea with a mate who had called in to visit me at my Tora Bora Cave.

Yayyy we won.

I reckon us in the sookarh WC is like following Lebanon in the League WC. Youse know you are in the WC but youse know you 'ain't going to go to far'.

True Quigs, probably won’t even make it out of our group. But the sport here has made huge progress. It is not impossible to see us being a bigger force in the future if we can get better International coaches for our younger generations. For me that’s the key.

I will also say that I have watched just as many boring Rugby League games as Soccer games in the past few years.

Both games when played with skill and two competitive teams and in the right spirit are equally enjoyable to watch.

Inferno

Coach

Yayyy we won.

sharkman73

Juniors
Went to Frankies (bar in town) last week and they had a meatball pizza called w og ball. Ahh that brought back some memories from my school days haha.

Maccas4177

Juniors
Its a great game to play and to watch - provided decent teams are playing.
I believe the Sutherland Shire competition is the biggest amateur sporting association in the southern hemisphere.
Back in the day when I was a junior playing, there was the odd girl in opposition teams and only a handful of all age teams.
Now, there are full competitions for females from juniors up to senior women's, 16 grades of All Age men, 5 grades for over 35's and a few over 45's.
Even if you don't like it, you have to admit, it's still better than Union

Quigs

Immortal
Remind me to tell youse of the time I scored 7 goals in one game playing for the Kirrawee Kangas. Way back in the time.

I could of been a contender I tell youse.

Ads

First Grade
The level of skill it takes to reach even A-League level is so far and above what it takes to make the nrl.

Latest posts