What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer World Cup

Generalzod

Immortal
Remind me to tell youse of the time I scored 7 goals in one game playing for the Kirrawee Kangas. Way back in the time.

I could of been a contender I tell youse.
Was that the game against Hakoah I remember it well. you where truly a contender

Card Shark

Immortal
I tell you what, that soccer is a bloody dangerous game judging by the amount of players that hit the deck.

Even the smallest of contact results in writhing on the ground, it’s so f**king annoying.

That guy that jumped up to head the ball over Cahill & came down on his back, even he wouldn’t have hurt himself, the grass is that soft.

I get that “simulation” is part of the game but if the refs weren’t so gullible, it’d soon reduce.

snout

First Grade
I was in italy last year when the European cup was on.
Sitting on the wharf on the isle of capri on the deck of a bar watching a big screen with a crowd of passionate italians watching Italy v Germany - drinking $5 cocktails.

Memorable.

Will be in Europe next year when the world cup is on. And the Aussies in it.
Wow.
Forget the contest...just to be amongst that shit.

Its like good seats at springsteen. You go so this is what its about.

webShark

The level of skill it takes to reach even A-League level is so far and above what it takes to make the nrl.
Garbage. The NRL is the highest level of Footy in the World.
Don't want to disappoint you but the A League is British Non
League.

Not a single current Socceroo has played for an elite Club. Tim Cahill included.

Rogic can't even make the starting team for Celtic , in the worst ever Scottish League.

Ryan and Mooy are at the correct level, Brighton and Huddersfield.

I was at the game. Crap until the deflected goal. Anyone who is interested in Soccer concedes Honduras are pitiful.

The atmosphere was better than most Australian Sports Events. That is it. Hardly the Kop.

The Martin Place celebration was funny. Hardly a cheer went up for the players.

As for Jedinak. Can take penalties. Back to the Championship.

Foxtel reporter saying teams will be fearing them in the draw. Really ! Fearing they don't draw them or Panama.

I can't see them scoring. Might improve if that miserable flog Ange quits.

sharkman73

Juniors
League.

Not a single current Socceroo has played for an elite Club. Tim Cahill included.

Rogic can't even make the starting team for Celtic , in the worst ever Scottish League.

I was at the game. Crap until the deflected goal. Anyone who is interested in Soccer concedes Honduras are pitiful.

The atmosphere was better than most Australian Sports Events. That is it. Hardly the Kop.

Foxtel reporter saying teams will be fearing them in the draw. Really ! Fearing they don't draw them or Panama.

I'm sure this will be controversial given this is a League forum, there is more skill in AFL and soccer than League.

And I love League, it's my favourite sport.

Maccas4177

Juniors
League.

I agree with most of what you have said except re Tim Cahill. When he was at Everton, they were usually right up there, finishing as high as fourth. Cahill was also top scorer for the club several times.

the socceroos are the undisputed national team.
the wallabies are a joke. cricket team is in constant flux and the great era is over.

its great to be in it. and as for this "yeah but we wont win"

the Netherlands have never won.
Mexico have never won
England have won once.

its hard for a reason.

I am looking forward to stupid Russian time zones. potentially 1 or 8 hours behind.
hahaha

sharkman73

Juniors
the socceroos are the undisputed national team.
the wallabies are a joke. cricket team is in constant flux and the great era is over.

its great to be in it. and as for this "yeah but we wont win"

the Netherlands have never won.
Mexico have never won
England have won once.

its hard for a reason.

I am looking forward to stupid Russian time zones. potentially 1 or 8 hours behind.
hahaha

Don't know about that. The Aussie cricket team is still the national team for me, if there only has to be one.

fair enough
i have lost that much interest in cricket.
ill watch big bash if its on cos its on and its over quick.

but theres no warnie...no gilly...these new guys aren't near them and don't hold my attention

Ads

First Grade
League.

How many people play soccer in Australia vs rugby league? The chances of making the A-league vs the Nrl is on a whole other level. Nrl is a tough game no doubt but its pretty damn simple.

Then you go up another level just to make it in Europe. Then doing what Kewell did and making a top team is so incredibly difficult. You cannot compare the level of skill it takes to make it to the top of the two sports. If you have a young kid and you want them to be a professional in either sport the path to Nrl is 1 million times easier.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
If I could be either a footballer or a league player I’d chose the former everyday. I love both sports. But the pay is greater and much easier on your body.

Can’t wait for the World Cup. Backing Aussies all the way but I think Germany will win it.

Ads

First Grade
If I could be either a footballer or a league player I’d chose the former everyday. I love both sports. But the pay is greater and much easier on your body.

Can’t wait for the World Cup. Backing Aussies all the way but I think Germany will win it.
Germany would have to be up there. I actually think England could go pretty deep if they can pick the right 11. Pretty open cup this time.

Maccas4177

Juniors
Would be epic to draw them. We would give them a good run for their money as well.

haha yeah - that would be great.
Everyone thinks that the poms are a good side because the EPL is the most popular league. BUT, the best players in that league are foreigners.
They are almost as shit as us.

Ads

First Grade
haha yeah - that would be great.
Everyone thinks that the poms are a good side because the EPL is the most popular league. BUT, the best players in that league are foreigners.
They are almost as shit as us.
They have what every team needs: a guy whose banging the goals in. As much as I hate spurs Harry Kane is a legit weapon and transforms that team if he is in form. We can match the rest of them though as they don't have the passing game to kill us.

Latest posts