What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[social] Hi All

bartman

Immortal
Hi again forum people!

After a few months in the wilderness (New Zealand, Japan, London) I'm all set up in the north of England (league territory) now, and back on the net. Living in York (a beautiful old town), so the local ESL teem is Leeds Rhinos, wearing the blue and gold and leading the comp! I'm missing the Eels bigtime, only being able to catch two NRL games a weekend on Sky Sports in the pub...

York has it's own league team, the Knights who are going OK in a strugglers division (NRL2?) wearing the two blues. Went and saw them slice up Gateshead Thunder (waeing Melbourne Storm jerseys?) last weekend, at a home ground that felt like it was very old school, kind of a cross between Granville Park and old Cumberland Oval?

Loving catching up on all the forum banter all at once, and the reports and opinion of all the Eels games and lower grade news. Keep it up people, and expect my name around here a bit more often from now on.

Suitman

Post Whore
Great to hear from you again Bartboy.
Indeed, York is a beautiful old town (city). Are the Cathedral renovations complete yet??
I would like you to understand that Warrington ALSO wear the Blue and Gold and gave Wigan a good arse kicking last night. Maybe you could give Leeds the flick and follow Warrington instead. I have worn my Warrington Jersey to many an Eels game.

Will keep in contact now that you are back.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Yeah Suity, Warrington Wolves also have the right colours, but its a bit far to get to see their games. Leeds is only half hour away, and now they've got Ali Lauiti'ti as well... And the Minster renovations are complete, but they're still working on replacing old windows or something?

And Eelementary, what is that avatar? It looks like one of the viking ancestors here in York!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yo Bartman, hows the pommy weather

does the NRL get any coverage over there

bartman

Immortal
Hey Twizzle, Pommy weather's ok, coming into summer here! Can still change from sunny to rainy in the one afternoon tho...

NRL gets two games a week, usually the saturday night 7:30 foxtel game (at 10:30am Sat), and the sunday night channel nine game (10:30am Sun). There's three English league games per weekend on tele as well.

And in the north there's a weekly league magazine out every monday.

84 Baby

Referee
You’re there in time for the Ashes.

Great to hear from you again Bartboy.
Indeed, York is a beautiful old town (city). Are the Cathedral renovations complete yet??
I would like you to understand that Warrington ALSO wear the Blue and Gold and gave Wigan a good arse kicking last night. Maybe you could give Leeds the flick and follow Warrington instead. I have worn my Warrington Jersey to many an Eels game.

Will keep in contact now that you are back.

Suity
Geez would you two get a room!

Gronk

Staff member
Here’s a fact: I knew Bartman personally. His season ticket with his Dad was right next to mine with my Dad. Nice guy. Don’t @ me.

Bazal

Post Whore
Here’s a fact: I knew Bartman personally. His season ticket with his Dad was right next to mine with my Dad. Nice guy. Don’t @ me.

And then he became a f**kwit.

Was quite odd actually. It was like he switched his f**kwit switch from off to on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I used to always hear about how great the posters were before I arrived. This is a wonderful example of what I missed out on. It's like a time capsule.

Suitman

Post Whore

Same here. Also knew him personally. Had many a drink with him before games. Actually got on really well with him socially.
And, as Baz, said, he became a f**kwit. I've never understood why.
Glad he's gone.

hindy111

Post Whore
I used to always hear about how great the posters were before I arrived. This is a wonderful example of what I missed out on. It's like a time capsule.

Last week I went back in time when I stumbled across your away thread. Most threads didnt go more then 2 pages. People like Avenger carry on how it was better and more posters.
But with guys like Hindy111 and Ram now abord the show is only getting stronger imo.

Latest posts