What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solo: A Star Wars Story

LESStar58

Referee
There's a scene on YouTube atm and they have re used the asteroid chase music from Empire! I'm even more hyped now!

beave

Coach
My young fella is about to turn 7 and has become obsessed with SW so I’m looking forward to taking him to see this for his first actual cinema showing of a SW film.

Side note, the week leading into ANZAC day, he had to draw soldiers from World War 1 as a school project.

I nearly cried when he drew AT AT Walkers and Storm Troopers blitzing the trenches of Hoth!!!!! Not quite WW1 mate, but it’ll do.

LESStar58

Referee
My young fella is about to turn 7 and has become obsessed with SW so I’m looking forward to taking him to see this for his first actual cinema showing of a SW film.

Side note, the week leading into ANZAC day, he had to draw soldiers from World War 1 as a school project.

I nearly cried when he drew AT AT Walkers and Storm Troopers blitzing the trenches of Hoth!!!!! Not quite WW1 mate, but it’ll do.

Great parenting. Akin to finding Merle Haggard on your kid's iPod.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Mostly along the lines of “its fun”
So don’t think we should go in expecting anything too deep.

LESStar58

Referee
So it looks like the prequel trilogy might end up being neccessary viewing before I go and see "Solo".

*nudge nudge wink wink*

nöyd

Staff member
some reviews are in

words used most are

* boring
* pacing sucks
* doesn't flow well
* the kid playing solo is good
* the kid playing lando is great

i'll wait, thanks.

sandshark

Bench
Donald Glover owns this movie apparently.
Yep. He is the only common praise this movie is receiving at the moment.
A lot saying that it's just an average cash grab flick.

But as always these days you gotta take critical reviews with a grain of salt.

LESStar58

Referee
Yep. He is the only common praise this movie is receiving at the moment.
A lot saying that it's just an average cash grab flick.

But as always these days you gotta take critical reviews with a grain of salt.

Woody + Star Wars = WIN

vvvrulz

Coach
IMDB is savaging it right now

Edit: all the ratings got cleared, was around 4 when I checked last

Parra Pride

Coach
IMDB is savaging it right now

Edit: all the ratings got cleared, was around 4 when I checked last

A lot of trolls have been bombing review scores for Star Wars and Marvel movies recently, so it is always worth taking community scores with a grain of salt

hrundi99

First Grade
Why make a decision to see (or not see) a movie based on other people's opinions? By all means perhaps adjust your expectations but it's up to you if you like it or not.

This "i'll wait, thanks." attitude is BS.

nöyd

Staff member
Why make a decision to see (or not see) a movie based on other people's opinions? By all means perhaps adjust your expectations but it's up to you if you like it or not.

This "i'll wait, thanks." attitude is BS.

Why assume that these reviews are the sole reason I have chosen to wait to see it? How about that I work 14 hour days minimum and simply don't have the time, or that I'm not into star wars as much as I used to be.

If the reviews labelled the movie a must-see and I raced out to see it on opening night complete with rock hard dick in hand, nobody would say shit.