What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sombrero and Ole Uncle Nic

Vin Fizz

Bench
Haven't posted for a while so I thought I'd get back on the horse. Here's my suspicion re the Rorters cap particularly why the media don't seem to really pursue the story with the same vigour of say a few initials on some strapping. My guess is that many of their 3rd party deals are too closely associated with 9 and Fox to be genuinely fair. Both broadcasters pay handsomely for the rights, but generate the revenue to pay for those rights through advertising and subscriptions generated by fans of ALL 16 clubs. These deals are likely compliant and what's more , they free up cap space. But other clubs may feel that a portion of the revenue paying for these deals are being generated through their efforts. So the media play it down a bit like not letting your mates in on the free stuff you get from the shop your best mate owns. That's where Uncle Nick comes into his own. These 3rd party arrangements probably should be in a pool for all clubs to use because they are all contributing. The donkeys would be the masters of this game and are wildly overexposed on free to air. Fire at will.

SadShark

Bench
NRL. Killing the game. In case they didn’t already realise it (& they do but don’t give a faaark). Cha Ching, Cha Ching.

CH9’s got no money. That stanking “The Block For Dumb, Gullible Kaarnts” show is testament. Fast forward the how to do parts for a little choreographed dance or some bullshit, faux drama. FMD. Dumb.

They’re so desperate for money, they get the career-as-a-media/interior designer wannabe to hold up their shit smeared toilet paper, to show off the sponsor’s name embossed on it for a few bucks.

* Vomits straight bile.

60-minutes has now become an infomercial for some arse who’s releasing a new book/film/album....whatever. A Kaarnt Affair is now just one big advertisement for businesses.

So, CH9 will draw a percentage of whatever props Ulcer Nick up. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Nothing to see here.

Quigs

Immortal
What and have equality and transparency for all to see. Gawd what would the Donks, Rorters and Co have to invent to get around all of that.

Frenzy.

Immortal
What and have equality and transparency for all to see. Gawd what would the Donks, Rorters and Co have to invent to get around all of that.

It’s no problem Quigs. Evolution.

Salary cap, salary sombrero, salary umbrella. Then they can really say Pharque Youse All!!!

C8AE2480-0936-4165-BA31-04B04B2AF264.jpeg

Quigs

Immortal
Evolution revolution - all we are saying is give Pearce a chance....

(wink wink - the future of the Thoroughbred Club and the Bondi Brown Paper Bags inc) .... Victoria Beckham strides out in a 'brown paper bag' look

PROD-Celebrity-Sightings-in-New-York-City-March-15-2017.jpg

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Broncos and Roosters are the masters but we're going pretty well in the third party stakes i believe. The fact we still have 800k left under the cap and have only really swapped Jimmy and Bird for Moylan and Dugan suggests we are going ok. Assuming Gray is a swap for Beale and Ava a swap for Heino/Taga...we are doing well to still be in the player market at this stage.

sharkman73

Juniors
Broncos and Roosters are the masters but we're going pretty well in the third party stakes i believe. The fact we still have 800k left under the cap and have only really swapped Jimmy and Bird for Moylan and Dugan suggests we are going ok. Assuming Gray is a swap for Beale and Ava a swap for Heino/Taga...we are doing well to still be in the player market at this stage.

Don't forget the cap has gone up a heap. It all seems about right.

Vin Fizz

Bench
A mate of mine in the media, who happens to be a big Roosters fan, reckons the reason why no one chases the story up is because the only yarn to be told is "the Rorters are the only professionally run club in Sydney". Geezzus, I said. That's a bottomless pit of click bait and selling advertising right there. Why don't you get that story out? He declined to reply.
Look, I dunno, it might be all above board but I find the media silence damning. They are in on the caper for sure.

Last edited:

SadShark

Bench
A mate of mine in the media, who happens to be a big Roosters fan, reckons the reason why no one chases the story up is because the only yarn to be told is "the Rorters are the only professionally run club in Sydney". Geezzus, I said. That's a bottomless pit of click bait and selling advertising right there. Why don't you get that story out? He declined to reply.
Look, I dunno, it might be all above board but I find the media silence damning. They are in on the caper for sure.
The thing that stinks worse than Mama June’s musty armpit is: How is it that Canberra, Warriors, Bulldogs, Melbourne (insert here except Broncs) get booked for salary cap breaches but never ever the most obvious rorters, the Roosters?

Frenzy.

Immortal
http://www.nrl.com/history-of-nrl-salary-cap-breaches/tabid/10874/newsid/58361/default.aspx

It's all there, but by all means knock yourself out with conspiracy theories and confirmation bias.

Actually supports the OPs views. Roosters only really get caught out for bungling TPAs

Also missing a lot of info from 2011 onwards

Roosters 2000, $42,067 over the cap. Undisclosed (but not hidden) payment of $5,000.

Roosters 2002, Classification of Payments to player through 3rd party. Disclosed for 2001 and 2002 fined in 2002

Roosters 2004, Undisclosed TPA - car provided to player by Associated Entity

Vin Fizz

Bench
I'm actually not saying it's a breach. I reckon it's probably all cap compliant. What I reckon though is in the court of public opinion (for what that might be worth) the deals might not be palatable. My mere suspicion is they might not pass the arms length test. You're right, it's my conspiracy theory and is probably way off the mark. But why do we talk so much about it yet read and hear so little of it in the media, when the most asinine and bland stories get blown out of all proportion?

carcharias

Immortal
I do not believe they can sign Tedesco and Cronk and keep pearce without going over the cap.
Get f**ked all day long.

PJ

First Grade
Cap and cap policing is a joke.

Reality is that both clubs caught deliberatly rorting were dobbed in by internals and both suffered consequences so piss weak that they won comps soon after breach rather than facing a long period of struggling.

The fact 3rd party payments are allowed proves how big a joke it is.