What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some players knew

beads6

First Grade
What do you think will happen to any of the players who knew they were cheating the cap??

Stagger eel

Staff member
MELBOURNE Storm's celebrating Queenslanders could be brought back to earth, with the findings of the Deloitte investigation expected to suggest some of them knew about the salary cap rorting.
After defeating New South Wales in Wednesday night's State-of-Origin finale, Storm's big four - Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk and Greg Inglis - returned to Melbourne on Thursday all smiles.
But the impending release of the investigation findings by the club's owner News Limited, publisher of the Herald Sun, could precede a cull of their teammates and possibly tarnish their reputations.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...igin-celebration/story-e6frfgbo-1225889605522

good...

hope the f**kers suffer!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Can only hope mate...:lol:

mate, I'm telling you now, those merkins will get away with murder...they'll do a deal with the NRL and keep the bulk of their squad. if they stop whingin about the loss of their premierships..

they'll be allowed to take pay cuts..and the contracts will be re registered.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
mate, I'm telling you now, those merkins will get away with murder...they'll do a deal with the NRL and keep the bulk of their squad. if they stop whingin about the loss of their premierships..

they'll be allowed to take pay cuts..and the contracts will be re registered.

Yeah wouldn't surprise me what happens.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Again, sounds like no proof, just them ready to put a spin on everything and tarnish a few reputations along the way.
The bigger rort is News Ltd.

I wouldn't worry about it, you'll still be sitting pretty at the end of it and your squad will be good enough to win a comp, the NRL will make sure of it as they did to Canterbury..

Fein

First Grade
Again, sounds like no proof, just them ready to put a spin on everything and tarnish a few reputations along the way.
The bigger rort is News Ltd.

I love this!!!

The child blaming the parent for their crime. :lol::lol::lol:

Kilkenny

Coach
There are some in society who are niave, there are some who simply do not want to know there are some who know and simply dont care thru greed.

I don't profess to know the outcome the 'full audit' but I do have a masters degree in common sense.

Based on my opinion and life skills, I have no doubt most almost everyone connected with the club knew what was happening at the Storm. You simply couldn't not know what the true reality was.

Forget about the clubs, the supporters of every club in this competition are entitled to know the 'full picture'.

Each and every supporter, Storm supporters included should be allowed to know the truth of this sordid mess.

If the 'truth' and nothing but the 'truth' if revealed then the game can move on and recover.

If instead there is a cover up to protect the 'players', 'coaches', ' directors' etc etc who were in the know then the game could be damaged, not forever, but for a very long time.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
There are some in society who are niave, there are some who simply do not want to know there are some who know and simply dont care thru greed.

I don't profess to know the outcome the 'full audit' but I do have a masters degree in common sense.

Based on my opinion and life skills, I have no doubt most almost everyone connected with the club knew what was happening at the Storm. You simply couldn't not know what the true reality was.

Forget about the clubs, the supporters of every club in this competition are entitled to know the 'full picture'.

Each and every supporter, Storm supporters included should be allowed to know the truth of this sordid mess.

If the 'truth' and nothing but the 'truth' if revealed then the game can move on and recover.

If instead there is a cover up to protect the 'players', 'coaches', ' directors' etc etc who were in the know then the game could be damaged, not forever, but for a very long time.
Nailed it mate :clap:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I said from day 1 that these low life's should also be held accountable.

I hope these player agents are exposed.

A source, who has seen some of the documents seized by Deloitte, said players who signed them would have done so under direction.
"Half of them seriously wouldn't have looked at it. Their manager would have said, 'Sign it', and they would have," the source said.
"It's pretty rare a player would take the time to read the document put in front of him."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...igin-celebration/story-e6frfgbo-1225889605522

Loudstrat

Coach

What Gimps said.

The players sh*t me to tears. Cronk the f*ckwit is so indignant that Parra's offering him a contract should he be forced out - yet the arrogant twat had his greedy hand out like everyone else. THEY HAD TO KNOW! And now they are looking to blame everyone else.

Let's blame News Ltd. Well, they propped you up and gave you life - you really think ripping off a giant corporate who controls what the world thinks - good idea? It would be safer to gang bang John Ibrahim's mum.

Let's blame the NRL. Because the salary cap breeds mediocrity (love those catch phrases). It actually doesn't. It makes club bosses and coaches more shrewd - every premier had their gun rookies or average first graders playing out of their skin. The premierships pre 1995 were mainly $$ premierships. Post SL - mainly talent. Until your talent wasn't good enough, and you had to resort to the $$. Yes, you lost Folau, King etc. You should also have lost Smith to the Gold Coast. That would have brought you back to the pack - and seen what you were made of in a level playing field. We saw that briefly, and the score was 40-0.

Let's blame Waldron. When the building falls down, does the builder blame the architect? The astute builder would have refused to build it in the start. Everyone had their hand out. Managers knew - therefore players knew. And the board knew too. If they genuinely didn't know - why are they not pursuing Waldron through the courts instead of the NRL???

What I don't see is "Lets blame ourselves"

Canterbury did - they lost their CEO as well as their president.

Rexxy

Coach
"It's pretty rare a player would take the time to read the document put in front of him."

This could be the greatest lie ever told.

Players are soooo savvy these days. They are the ones who are after every single additional income stream because their work life is limited. Maybe it was once but not nopw.

They high levels of disposable income mean players can now have a portfolio of things they invest in. Units, shops, Building Companies, real Estate agencies, travel companies etc.

They are business people first, entertainers a close second.

Loudstrat

Coach
There are numous examples of players doing deals through managers and not knowing where they are going.

Two examples - PJ Marsh telling Brian Smith he wants to stay at Parra when his manager made the deal with the Warriors. Lote Tquiri - announcing he was leaving the Broncos and joining the QLD Reds - his manager interrupted him and said "no, it's NSW"

Gaba

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...ncos-pull-out-of-deal-for-inglis/default.aspx

Inglis' manager Allan Gainey contacted the Broncos' general manager of football operations Andrew Gee on Monday to inform him the offer made to the Queensland and Australian centre earlier in day was not enough to get him to Brisbane.
"They've knocked it back," Gee told AAP.
"It was non-negotiable, so the deal is off."
Gee has been having informal talks with Gainey about Inglis for almost a month.
Inglis approached Melbourne on Saturday and the club reluctantly agreed to give him a release provided the offer he was made was comparable to his current deal with the Storm.
It's understand Brisbane's offer was "very attractive".
"Gainey contact me today (Monday) and wanted to know what we were prepared to offer Greg," said Gee.
"They wanted to know quickly, so we put out offer on the table.
"Gainey called me back (Monday afternoon) and said it was not acceptable."

that suggest inglis knew what he was getting at the storm .

big_matt

Juniors
So the official report clears the players and Bellamy.

Can all the morons on this thread that were 'certain' the 'players knew everything' please post their apologies below. Thanks.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
So the official report clears the players and Bellamy.

Can all the morons on this thread that were 'certain' the 'players knew everything' please post their apologies below. Thanks.

I'll apologise to Bellamy at lest he had the guts to talk to auditors, But for the players no f**king way they haven't been proven inocent at all. what was said that there was no evidence found. Why? because the merkins thumbed their noses at the auditors.

Latest posts