What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill leaves the country

ibrmo01

Juniors
Why is everyone slamming the bloke? Look i'm a bulldogs Supporter and i don't even blame him. Look at our club, look at our coaching staff, look at our management, i don't even liek watching them when they play let alone having as much talent as the Big guy and getting paid peanuts. All these factor into decisions.

On the other side of things....IF ANY OF YOU WAS TO BE PAID 4 TIMES TO DO THE JOB YOU ARE CURRENTLY DOING....WHAT WOULD YOU DO!

NOW SAME QUESTION AGAIN WHEN YOU ARE NOT HAPPY AT THE JOB YOU ARE DOING AND YOU GET PAID 4 TIMES AS MUCH TO DO THE SAME JOB ELSEWHERE....

IF SOCCER FFA OFFERED GALLOP 3 -4 TIMES MORE THE MONEY HE IS GETTING IN THE NRL WOULD HE STAY? DIDNT JOHN O'NEILL JUMP SHIP FROM AFL TO SOCCER???

HIM WALKING OUT THE WAY HE DID WAS BECAUSE OF THE POORLY ADVISED CONTRACT HE SIGNED. NO WAY OUT WHAT SO EVER WITH THE CRAP PAY HE WAS ON....

WE WOULD ALL DO THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!GUARANTEED

Bay Vikings

Juniors
Why is everyone slamming the bloke? Look i'm a bulldogs Supporter and i don't even blame him. Look at our club, look at our coaching staff, look at our management, i don't even liek watching them when they play let alone having as much talent as the Big guy and getting paid peanuts. All these factor into decisions.

On the other side of things....IF ANY OF YOU WAS TO BE PAID 4 TIMES TO DO THE JOB YOU ARE CURRENTLY DOING....WHAT WOULD YOU DO!

NOW SAME QUESTION AGAIN WHEN YOU ARE NOT HAPPY AT THE JOB YOU ARE DOING AND YOU GET PAID 4 TIMES AS MUCH TO DO THE SAME JOB ELSEWHERE....

IF SOCCER FFA OFFERED GALLOP 3 -4 TIMES MORE THE MONEY HE IS GETTING IN THE NRL WOULD HE STAY? DIDNT JOHN O'NEILL JUMP SHIP FROM AFL TO SOCCER???

HIM WALKING OUT THE WAY HE DID WAS BECAUSE OF THE POORLY ADVISED CONTRACT HE SIGNED. NO WAY OUT WHAT SO EVER WITH THE CRAP PAY HE WAS ON....

Mate, everyone agrees with you that the management, coaching and even the contract (even though he asked for the length to be extended to five years) aren't up to scratch.

The thing is, although commentators say that the NRL is now purely business, it isn't. If I wanted to watch business and money in action, I'd go to the Stock Exchange. The NRL is the pinnacle of the sport we have loved and followed all our lives and still has qualities such as loyalty, passion and heart mixed with blood, sweat and tears and the occassional bit of biff! League at any level should have these qualities despite what happens in the boardroom and if SBW had them he wouldn't have abandoned his teammates. I don't care what the circumstances were and as a Kiwi, it disgusts me that Tana Umanga had part in all of this as well.

The Bulldogs tried to build the team around someone who obviously didn't care about it enough to stay through the tough times. Now you can build it around players like John Kite who'd play for free if he had to.

jamess

Juniors
Sonny is a Dog, i dont go for Bulldogs but i liked him.

I hope he gets Banned from playing in France and banned from playing any sport.

jimmythehand

Juniors

except he's not going to get anywhere near the amounts being tossed around ...

2 True Blues

Coach

It should be about " footy " and the love of the game/sport still , and a passion for the team you play for. One in. All in. !!!

Unfortunately the NRL ( Business money machine ) as it has become IMO sends a " lack there of " message when it comes to passion as an example, thus they get thier 'BIG' arrogant arse bitten by some, from time to time. '

;-):cool::lol:

macnaz

Staff member

NO WE ALL WOULDNT,, as for people jumping ship for money! well once they are off contract they can do what they like. WHAT would have Money Bill Williams have said if the bulldogs said screw this bloke he always injured and costing us a fortune we are not going to pay him if he doesnt play ..HE WOULD SAY oh poor me!:( help me NRL the bulldogs have breached their contract.

ibrmo01

Juniors
No matter how much people deny this but the fact is " If you are not happy then you will want to leave sometimes even for less money" Good riddance SBW and lets get someone who wants to wear the Jersey and be proud of it....
Our club management, coaching and culture has caused a lot of people to be unsettled including me as a fan...i'm sick of them..i still can't understand why folkes won't step down...for the passed 2 years we have been doing nothing but dropping the ball!!!!

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
No matter how much people deny this but the fact is " If you are not happy then you will want to leave sometimes even for less money" Good riddance SBW and lets get someone who wants to wear the Jersey and be proud of it....
Our club management, coaching and culture has caused a lot of people to be unsettled including me as a fan...i'm sick of them..i still can't understand why folkes won't step down...for the passed 2 years we have been doing nothing but dropping the ball!!!!

Just shut up and accept the spoon.

jimmythehand

Juniors
gee i hope we don't get it, it obviously cuts very deep. doesn't it pantha-boy.

C'mon put up some dosh, just $100 that's all. I say they won't win the spoon, you say they will, c'mon put some money on it chicken sh*t??

ibrmo01

Juniors
Just shut up and accept the spoon.

Listen here Fk Face...you shut up...As far as im concerned we will be wooden spooners but thats not the point...I never said anything abusive for you to rip out such a comment...you and your fkd up panthers can't talk....You guys are not even rated anywhere within the NRL....one thing ur good at is being a good bottom 8 team every year...

footyfan111

Juniors
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>>
>
>
Ok first of all
the NRL has to get over
this whole Sonny Bill leaving his contract crap
who cares........ i'm pretty sure any other player would've left
for 3 a million dollar contract aswell

Secondly, for the team it's beta if he left cuz he was unhappy at canterbury
anyways so they may aswell let him go than keep a player who's not going to perform aswell.........

oh yea nd.... canterbury should stop this whole law suit crap....
they're just wasting money for nothing..... they're not gonna gain anything seeing as the IRB can't stop him from switching codes and they can't even manage to put an injuction on him.....

it's not like he's coming back nd the NRL can't do nothing about it

Anyway leave him alone..... nd get over it

So i say "good on ya sonny"...... at least ur not blinded by the NRL's crap.

:p

Bananabender

Juniors
Sounds like Sonny's brothers have really got to him. Speaks like them now and even speaks schitt like them too. Remember Haumono and the Pleasure Machine with Mundine's influence. Mate the two of them then went on the footy show and what a bunch of peanuts. Speak utter crap. A good boxer but needs to learn how to speak properly and say what he really means.

SethGecko

Juniors
classic about the shoulder charge. I've got a union background and every now and then we had ring in league players, usually in the centres, usually Kiwis or islanders. The ref constantly had to tell em not to shoulder charge. It's an instinct.