What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Fai Fundraiser (And How You Can Help)

Jesbass

First Grade
Hi all.

We've been looking to organise a fundraiser for Sonny Fai, and we've been given permission by his manager, his family, and the Warriors, to sell silicone wristbands outside Mt Smart.

The idea is that the wristbands will be yellow and orange in colour, with black writing. The yellow and orange reflects sunrise, sunset, Sonny's name, new beginnings, and his love for bright colours. The black writing is designed to sum him up in three words: Humility, Courage, Sacrifice.

The idea is that people buy them, and then they can look at them and not just be reminded of Sonny, but be inspired to live up to those attributes.

The issue, though, (and this is where the favour comes in), is the startup cash to get it going. Put simply, we need about $4,500 to order the 5,000 bands that we want to sell. As long as we sell at least 1,000 of them, everyone who puts up capital will get every cent back. So in essence, it isn't a donation, but a loan.

If we sell the lot, we end up approximately $15,000 in the black, with which we can donate a cheque to the family, or to NZ surf life saving, or to a scholarship, etc etc etc.

So, yeah. That's the gig. Are you keen/able to help out, even in a small way? We have approximately $2,700 already covered, but even a small amount will help us to creep closer to achieving our goal.

Ultimately, though, time is of the essence, because the bands take a fortnight to make, and the season is oh so close.

Let me know if you'd be interested. You can contact me in this thread, or via PM, or on my mobile, (021 225 0094), or at this joint email address (faiwristband@gmail.com).

If you feel inclined to assist straight away, the bank account details are below, but please ensure you put the word Sonny in the title, and your username, so that I can pay you back when we sell enough bands!

Bank details: 12-3036-0778467-000

Last edited:

christopher

Juniors
i'm very keen to help, but being here in aus i wouldnt be able to get some wristbands, would you be able to send some over when they arrive?

Jesbass

First Grade
i'm very keen to help, but being here in aus i wouldnt be able to get some wristbands, would you be able to send some over when they arrive?

Chris, I'll be selling them at Mt Smart and by post for those who want wristbands but can't be there. They'll be $4NZD (about $3AD) plus P&P. When I've got them in hand, I'll revisit this thread and get in touch. :)

Scottey

Juniors
Kudos to your intiative and open heart.

Will definitely be buying a couple of those bands.

AliN

Live Update Team
As mentioned on the Tribe I can offer my services at the game if that helps Jes.

Jesbass

First Grade
Thanks, folks. It all hinges on people actually buying the darn things, lol!

Ali, thanks for the offer - and gratefully accepted. :)

Jesbass

First Grade
Well, it's finally official. WE ARE GO!!!

The scale has been reduced from 5,000 wristbands to a more realistic 1,000 wristbands. We feel that 1,000 wristbands is a feasible tally to sell. It also means that we now only require 250 or so sales in order to pay back every person who has offered financial assistance.

I would like to take this moment to thank those of you who have offered finances, time, or any other form of assistance for this cause. (A special thank you to Big Mick, my partner in crime, without whom this couldn't have happened.) We plan to sell the wristbands at the Rounds 1, 3 and 4 Warriors home matches outside the gates at Mt Smart. We will keep some in Australia for those in Australia who want to purchase them, and we will post them out to people wanting them from further afield.

And so now the planning stops and the real work begins. We hit the pavement and urge Warriors fans, (and those of visiting teams), to help contribute a few coins to the Fai family. Precisely how the money will be spent is a matter for debate between ourselves, the club, and the Fai family, but suffice to say, it will be well spent.

Micistm

Bench
Well done Jess, awesome gesture. It's efforts like this that shows the family like nature surrounding our game.
I'll be keen on a few and happy to pay now or later once you're organised. Let us know, we've got your account details in the first post so can throw in a deposit for a half doz or so- They'd make great gifts for fellow warriors fans and a permanent reminder how the family is helped because of them.

Top notch!

Jesbass

First Grade
Well done Jess, awesome gesture. It's efforts like this that shows the family like nature surrounding our game.
I'll be keen on a few and happy to pay now or later once you're organised. Let us know, we've got your account details in the first post so can throw in a deposit for a half doz or so- They'd make great gifts for fellow warriors fans and a permanent reminder how the family is helped because of them.

Top notch!

Hey mate, the best thing to do is to send me an email to the address in the first post with your address, specific quantity, and name, and I'll let you know about postage, etc. :thumn

Jesbass

First Grade
Well, it's less than 24 hours since ordering the wristbands, and I've already received pre-orders for almost 230 of them!

So if you won't be at the first three home matches, and you want one (or more!), you need to get in quick!
eusa_dance.gif

Also, the volunteers will hopefully get a little something to say 'thanks' for giving their most valuable asset: time.
eusa_clap.gif

Big Mick

Referee
Also if you are from Australia. Please e-mail me.

Seeing as though I ordered them from Aus and will be receiving them before shipping them to Jebass...if anyone in Aus wants one...let me know via PM, or call me on my mobile.

I'll be placing a central ad in the NRL/UK/International forums tonight which help everyone understand where its going and what its used for.

Jesbass

First Grade
The latest update is that we have now had sales or pre-orders of more than 300 of the wristbands.

There will also be a television interview on the eve of the Round 1 match between the Warriors and the Eels to drum up support.

There are a couple of other things in the works, too, and we've had a couple of companies waive their usual fees to help us out.

More to come, but make sure you get a wristband before they run out!

So if you want to get involved, you need to be quick! If you can't make the Round 1 match, (or even if you do, but you want to beat the rush), PM, email, or text me some details and I'll add you to the list and put a wristband aside for you.

Join the movement, people!